Piercings (urgent!)

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by allsorts3, Jan 2, 2010.

1. allsorts3

allsorts3 New Member

Hi, this question is probably waaaayy over the top but I was thinking about getting the second hole of my ears pierced. On the guide it says traditional ear piercing for women which I would assume was the one hole. If I got them pierced but didn't wear the second hole earring when I apply/if I make it, would that be ok? Or is it better to just not do it at all?

I realise how over the top the sounds, haha but I just want to be sure so I don't ruin my chances for a piercing :p.

Thanks! :)

2. catfish278

catfish278 Member

They definately enforce only having one earring per ear when you're working however I don't know if you could just wear one earring and have the other hole empty... you'd have to check with them. I reckon, if you can wait a year or two until your disney experience is done then I would wait to have it pierced...

3. allsorts3

allsorts3 New Member

Thanks - think I'll leave it. I don't think it's worth the risk of not being accepted because of a piercing!

4. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

I have 3 sets of holes at the bottom of my ear. they said to me as long as i only wore earings on the bottom i was good. I showed them the holes and they really didnt seem that bothered, so im sure you will be fine.

5. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Oh thats cool :) I figured that if you only wore one set of earrings then you'd be ok but sometimes with disney you never know lol 8)

6. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Whatever you do, don't stretch them. and don't get your eyebrow/nose/tongue pierced either. Upper ear piercings may also be a problem, as you can sometime see the holes when there is no earring in them. Don't have any visible tattoos, as that will hurt your chances. Don't have multi colored hair or hair that is TOO short - I was told at my interview to not cut my hair again until after I went, as it used to be super short. Now it's super long.

When I figured out I wanted to work for Disney (I was twelve), it made my mom super happy because it influenced EVERYTHING I did in the body modification range. Piercings and tattoos and hair dye alike!

We put streaks in my roommates hair when we were there, and she had to re do them after her shift because they were too noticeable. If it's not natural, don't do it!

7. mpeacocke

mpeacocke New Member

I have an industrial piercing (it's the bar through the top of your ear). I plan on taking it out for the interview, and if I got the job, I would probably just let it heal over.

I plan on wearing my hair down for the interview and am wondering if in the interview, will they check if you have holes in your ears?

8. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Not at the interview, but they do check at traditions (like your third day at Disney)!

9. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Oh really AHH i hope im ok then. I did show Jill and she didn't seem that bothered. i may take mine out a few days before so that you really cant notice it for traditions. I have had them for years so i dont think they would close up. Was there much of an issue with it in traditions???

10. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

At traditions they keep extra pants and button down shirts in case you don't fit the Look!

11. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

haha how embarrassing, i already have my outfit sorted because i thought we have to wear it for our interview too. Took me AGES to find something that i liked and fit 'the look'. very stressful!

12. omgmeve

omgmeve New Member

Would a tongue piercing really be that noticeable? I usually wear clear balls and you can't see unless I stick my tongue out... which I usually don't. I'm taking out my labret piercing before the interview (what a shame, but it'll be worth it!) but I kinda wish I could keep my tongue piercing since no one would notice anyway :( I have my tragus piercing but I can definitely take it out for a day and put it back in at night. my tongue would close up within a few hours :(

13. ariella

ariella New Member

They also inspect you when they tell you what park you are working in. I think it was my second day there. They examine your hair and any piercings you have to see if they are up to the Disney Look so you can change them in time for Traditions. It was pretty nervewrecking. I had my hair dyed a very natural colour and the lady who inspected me was like 'I love your hair colour' and I was totally expecting her to say 'but' but luckily I passed!

14. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

its kind of scary thinking about it now. what happens if they are not happy with your holes and they say they are 2 obvious. scared!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[

15. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

yay-disney, you should probably wear the same thing at the interview as at tradiitons, or if you're not sure, just ask them! it shows that you know and are interested in the program.
    omgmeve, take them alllll out! tongue piercings are noticeable when you talk, and you'll be talking a lot. i don't really remember where the other ones are that you said, but really the only ones you can keep in are your bottom ear lobes and nipple piercings! (unless you're a lifeguard!). This kid I know had a tattoo and he wore a long sleeve shirt. I'm pretty sure he lied in his interview, but I'm not sure. It was soooo hot, I don't know how he did it.

16. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

I have 6 ear piercings and my nose pierced and they were fine with that at the interview as i said i'd just take them out! Most of the time in my last program, i'd just leave my earrings in if my hair was down.. They didn't notice! xx

17. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

ok i will do that thanks ;D

18. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Umm.. what is Traditions exactly? It sounds scary.. :/
    And no issues with bellybutton piercings right?! I don't see why my stomach would be on show when I'm working..
    xxx

19. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Nope, I have my belly button done. Unless you're identical to Jasmine and might get pulled for her, her stomach shows and if you look close on some Jasmines, you can see the holes!

20. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

only the first five minutes of traditions are nervewracking, after that its one of the best days you'll have at disney! Traditions is yur first shift, where you learn all the 'traditions' involved in working for disney. It takes place at disney university, behind the magic kingdom. You have to fit the disney look, and before you enter your class they look you over quickly and let you know if you aren't meeting the standards. You get a really detailed look book in advance so you know what you should be wearing. Then its an 8 hour session about disney's history, after which you are officially a disney castmember, with your disney id and nametag. After traditions is the first time you can get into the parks, so of course everyone goes to play in the parks afterwards :) Traditions is essentially your first day of training.