picking your role . . .

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by littlegreeen, Nov 14, 2009.

1. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

Hi guys!
    I know some of you have now had your f2f interviews
    and some of you have gone through the aplication process before
    so I was wonder if you could answer some questions for me before my interview next week?

When it comes to picking ur roles, am I right in saying u have to select 7 you are willing to do?
    If not how many do you pick?

Also what is the likeliness that you get your first choice?
    Is there some kind of order they do?
    Are u more likely to get given the role you picked as you 2nd/3rd choice or something like that?
    Would u better putting down ur first choice as not ur first choice if u no what i mean lol?
    Say I wanted to do full service f&b, would I be more likely to get it if I didnt put it down as my first choice?

I am probs not making any sense, if anyone understands what i am asking let me know!

Thanks!
    Caroline xxx

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

OK Caroline... chill, Katie's here :)

Firstly, you can select as many or as few as you like! ONLY select roles you would be willing to do (e.g. if the thought of custodial makes you feel ill, don't put it down!).
    I have no idea what the likelihood of your first choice is, I think they place you where they think you would be good! But as there is no real way to tell (unless you would LOVE QS F&B and all your experience is there... I think they'd take that into account!), rank them in the order you want them. I have no idea how they consider it, but that is the way they think you'd like to do them (that doesn't make sense I know...!), so I'm assuming some order of the ranked preferences comes into it!
    I don't know which one you'd get, it depends on what you selected, what others have, operational requirements in each area and such - so although I got a role WAY down my list last year, I know many who got their first choice!

Oh, and def select more than one role - shows flexibility! The way I see it, the more you select, the more chance you may be hired... but don't select them if you don't want to do them - if you can't swim, DON'T CHOOSE LIFEGUARD!!!!! ;)
    Hope that makes sense.... :p
    xx

3. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

Thanks Katie, as you could tell I was kinda having a flakey for a moment :p
    That all makes sense, thank you for your help!
    Have you had your interview for this year yet?

Caroline xxx

4. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Your welcome Caroline, I have a gift for sensing these things.... ;)

I had my interview on Thursday in Aberdeen... we won't find out the results until after all the interviews have been though!
    When's yours?
    xx

5. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Im hoping we find out before the end of the month last year it was about a week to two weeks between the interviews and the results

6. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

i was supposed to be at the aberdeen interview the other day but i had to change it because i was on placement for uni,
    so i have my interview this tuesday in liverpool,
    cant wait! :D
    how did ur interview go?
    xxx

7. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Custodial was 4th on my list, and that's what I got put into. One of like 4 that hiring spree I think from both UK and Canada.

8. merfsko

merfsko New Member

I know this is pretty much the same question, just more specific, so just humour me here :D

On average, how many roles did people who have applied list?

9. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

The number of roles you put down really doesn't matter - just put the ones you'd be happy doing! I put about 5 last time and got my number one choice, I think because I convinced my interviewer I had to do it haha.

I'm so so excited/nervous about my interview on weds!!!!

10. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I put everything but F&B. Be flexible!

11. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I think I put down about 5 for 2008... and Merch was my top choice and Merch was what I got! I think they take your history into account.. i.e. my only job was in retail and I talked about it in my interview so I reckon that's why I got what I wanted ;D

12. Hey, bit of advice needed! My background is all in the movie making / film area, working on set and studying, it's literally my life. In my phone interview we spoke about this quite, do you reckon my face to face will be very similar. I'm desperate to get Hollywood Studios but i know not many people get what they want. Any advice for the interview to help my chances. I really want attractions.