Picking the park?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by agirlfromozbutnot, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Hey, bit of advice needed! My background is all in the movie making / film area, working on set and studying, it's literally my life. In my phone interview we spoke about this quite, do you reckon my face to face will be very similar. I'm desperate to get Hollywood Studios but i know not many people get what they want. Any advice for the interview to help my chances. I really want attractions.

Has anyone got the park they particularly wanted, without relying on luck?

2. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I wrote on my application form during the interview I wanted Hollywood Studios but I ended up in MK and loved it so much... I would love the chance to work in MK again! ;D

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

As much as you will want to be in a specific park, i feel it does not matter. I really wanted Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom but i got Epcot. I loved it soooo much! You can ask in your interview, well actually say and they could possibly put you there, but it all just depends. Where i was put fitted around what i had said in my CV about previous experience, so i think they look at that aswell.

4. Ah o.k. thanks, i really want Hollywood, as all my background is in the film industry. So hopefully they'll take this into account. Mainly i just want a live show, i know some people who have been lucky enough to get these in the past. So just have to keep my fingers crossed and mention it in the interview. To be honest i wouldn't be majorly upset if i got another park, the experience alone would be fantastic.

What role did you work in?

5. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

i got asked a lot about my course at uni which is film production and about my job at blockbuster and i got put in hollywood last year....so i dunno if that was just coincidence or if they took it into consideration

steph

6. Oh awesome, well i guess i'll just have to wait and see. It's all very nerve-wracking.

What role did you do at Hollywood Studios?
    x

7. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I got the exact attraction I asked for - I got really lucky! BUT if you get attractions you can pick up shifts at Fantasmic! (which is so much fun) and Beauty and the Beast, so if you want live shows go for attractions!!

8. Oh awesome, thanks for that, Yeah attractions is my top choice, wow i'd love to work on fantasmic! That really would be a dream come true... My favourite shows that are park based are Indy Jones and the Lights, Motor, Stunt show

9. CharlotteSparkle

Just ask for what you want, you may aswell. Fantasmic! shifts are always available, and if you ask your managers you can even be scheduled them once a weeks or something. There's loads of cool stuff in attractions, like shows, parades etc. I *hope* I get attractions again, I really really really want it!! fingers crossed!!

10. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

i did merchandise, left block at hollywood so main entrance, movieland, mickeys of hollywood and keystone..
    would love to do attractions this time though!

11. Thanks Charlotte, big help. Was getting a tad worried that it was all down to the luck of the draw. We shall see. What attraction did you work on the first time?

What in particular made you want to go back?

12. CharlotteSparkle

I worked at Tower of Terror, my all-time favourite ride! I had the most incredible time, I loved my job so so much - it's a great feeling looking forward to going to work.

I'm desperate to go back because I really feel at home there - i know it sounds a bit pathetic but it's true! I loved the people I worked with, and I made amazing friends from around the world who I miss like crazy!

It works out pretty expensive to get there what with visa costs and flights and spending money, but it's so much fun and it's really the people you meet that make it so special.

13. Wow Tower of Terror must have been really awesome!

I just want to get the interview over with and find out if i'm going, i can't stand all the waiting.

14. disneydj

disneydj New Member

When you say about working on shows, like Fantasmic for example, what sort of things would you be doing on these? I am a film/theatre technician and it would be great if I could have the opportunity to work with the techs for any of the shows/lights/fireworks, is this something I can try to plug in the interview, or is this very unlikely work for an ICP applicant? Just wondering as you've mentioned working on the shows. Thanks :)

15. CharlotteSparkle

nah nothing technical, just audience control really. Working on Sunset as part of our initiation we got to go backstage at Fant and talk to the technicians but other that that I don't think the ICP is long enough for them to bother giving you the training you'd need to do anything technical. You could ask your managers if you can organise job shadowing or something, but it's up to you to sort that out (and find the time!!). Hope this helps!!

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I was in Merchandise, worked in an area called Towers and Glow, which was amazing, i worked over different areas of Epcot just due to the postion of our stores and kiosks, working in babycare was interesting as i got to watch disney movies :D

17. Croche

Croche New Member

Picking the park

The Park is Mind starting Tommy Lee jones ...?

If so, i am surprise that this movie is not on dvd ...

Its good enough to see it once ... I get flashbacks cuz this movie goes back to the 80s ....

Ish