PHONE INTERVIEWS - Who has one?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Jayyeah, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Jayyeah

Jayyeah New Member

Just got my phone interview email, not too sure when I'm going to have it though.

Who else got in, when are you having yours? Any tips?

Well done all xxxxx

2. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

just got my e-mail as well. I did some preparation stuff for interviews but left it all at home instead of bringing it to uni so I will have to start again! :p

3. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

Congratulations, I got my email today too!

My tip is to just relax, its a nice phone interview and a friendly chat! Just enjoy it (that may be asking too much!) and hopefully you'll all get through to the next stage and ultimately end up having Mickey Mouse as a boss!

I know phone interviews can be daunting but you'll see it's not as scary as you think.

There will surely be a lot more people who have received an email today, many of whom are probably reading this and not posting because they think that they will 'jinx it' but this is a forum, so get posting! :)

Good luck everyone! ;D

4. Phone Interview! I'm trying not to get too excited.. but failing

5. sandnsun

sandnsun New Member

omg u guys!! congrats!! r u applying for summer 2012?? is this the second email thats after the one that says they are happy to consider you and will contact u in the next few weeks abt the next step of the interview process?

6. ksmart

ksmart New Member

I had a skype interview yesterday for the Hospitality Graduate Program! I got a job as concierge in one of the resorts! I can't wait!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/183157165078697/#!/groups/183157165078697/

7. Piglet

Piglet New Member

yayy me2 :D

8. ianwarn

ianwarn New Member

Got my email today and having my phone interview on 10th october! I have no idea what to expect though! Usually you get some guidance as to what companies want in a phone interview!

9. MakingItObvious

MakingItObvious New Member

Got my email to tell me I have one today :D

10. gingerbuzz

gingerbuzz New Member

I'm really angry! I got an email to say i don't qualify. Becasue of the name of my course! In Scotland an MA is the same as a BA in buisness and They have taken it to mean I am on a masters course, which I am clearly not!

11. Jayyeah

Jayyeah New Member

Email Yummy?

12. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

Gingerbuzz -
    I agree with Jayyeah email Yummy jobs and tell them your situation maybe you'll be able to find some answers.

13. gingerbuzz

gingerbuzz New Member

I emailed them right away! :) It's just scary you don't want them to bypass you for something so trivial.

14. Carissa_93

Carissa_93 New Member

I hope they'll realize their mistake and let you apply!

15. Jayyeah

Jayyeah New Member

I'm sure they will!

How many people didn't get phone interviews last year?

16. I checked the yummy website a few days ago and it looks like applications are still open so maybe they are just doing phone interviews in stages?

17. Carissa_93

Carissa_93 New Member

Probably. At least, for Canada, there were only 3 days we could choose from, which I'm sure is not nearly enough time to interview everyone who applies from Canada. Plus, they are all next week and the application is supposed to be open for the rest of 2011 so it's likely that once a month or so they'll invite new applicants to phone interviews.

18. gingerbuzz

gingerbuzz New Member

Boom! phone Interview! how very exciting! lol. I was at work and in a room of people and just checked my email and was like EEEEEK! Now it's time to get studying what questions we will be asked

19. Jayyeah

Jayyeah New Member

20. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

wow! congratulations you guys! good luck with the next stages! :D