Opportunity list

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by spongebob91, Dec 3, 2010.

1. spongebob91

spongebob91 New Member

I recieved an email off Disney saying that at this time they were not able to offer me a placement however I have been put on something called the opportunity list and they will contact me within the next two months if anyone i presume anyone drops out or if anymore placement places come up. Does anyone know if this is just the standard email for rejection and if its not, how likely I am to get a placement?
    Congrats to all who got placements by the way :D

2. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

I was on the opportunity list for the Cultural Rep Program. It's a little different for ICP because it only lasts 3 months vs the CRP which is a year long. But there's a still a possibility for you to go.
    I luckily was only on the list for one out of a possible six months. But i have no idea about the "drop out" rates for ICP.
    Good luck though and congrats for even getting that far. It may seem like it was a lot of work for nothing, but you never know.

3. ariella

ariella New Member

I was put on the opportunity list for my first ICP and a week later received an e-mail stating there was a position for me. I am pretty sure everyone who got put on the opportunity list of the interviews I went to (in 2009) got offered a role but some people turned it down. Don't give up!

4. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

There are 3 different e-mails: acceptance, rejection and waitlist. All similar yet distinctly different. I've heard of a lot of people who were waitlisted last year that ended up going.

5. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Yeah i think it's the luck of the draw and really depends on the season. The waitlist i was on only a few made it off.. but Yummjobs told me that the season before everyone was called. So who knows.
    I'm curious as to how they choose off the list. Like are they in order to who's going next or just random.

6. wdwardy

wdwardy New Member

There is actually an oppertunity list :) My boyfriend was placed on it last year and he was placed in a front desk role in Disneys Hilton Head Island Hotel in South Carolina :)
    He found out mid January I think, so dont lose hope!!! x