OMG... I'M A LITTLE BIT WORRIED!! :(

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Maree, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Maree

Maree New Member

Hey guys, I'll arrive at Disney next saturday, but I'm worried :(
    At first, I was really excited to go there, however now I worry about my roles - Quick F&B and Merchandise,
    and Disney life.

Also... roommates.
    I want to meet a lot of people from all over the world, but I heard
    meeting a lot of ppl is really difficult in there, and even roommates are from only same country.
    Moreover, I heard some ppl couldn't adjust at Disney life and went back to their countries, too. :(

I mean, meeting ppl from my country also really good, but I might not be able to share culture from other country's,
    like speaking only mother tongue. (maybe this problem is from the reason that I'm from the country which doesn't use english.)

I think there are a lot of ppl who already started or finished working.

HOW WAS OR IS YOUR DISNEY LIFE, SUCH AS WORKING, ROOMMATES... EVERYTIHNG?

2. Paoletto

Paoletto New Member

Well, u're gonna be working with people from your country.. but I was told u're gonna share an apartment with people from other countries, so you'll have chances to share your culture and learn theirs.. about not being able to adjust, I guess everyone is different.. so my advice is give it a try, like three months then decide whether to stay or go back home.. you're gonna be okay..

3. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

First - I haven't started at Disney World yet - but I feel the need to give some kind words :)

OK. Don't be worried! This is the beginning of probably an amazing time of your life! Keep being excited!!

Also - I too am doing those two roles. I did freak out about it for ages - but when you think about it, those two roles will give you very good experience if you are looking for other work when you are done. If, for example ypu apply for a job at a restaurant when you get back - who would not be impressed that you served F&B at Disney World!?

Additionally- this is an awesome opportunity! Think of all the people who would LOVE to be in your position and can't be. You are a very lucky person :)

Regarding the flatmates - you might not be around them much anyway with their shift differences. Even if they aren't your type of people at least it will be an experience to tell everyone when you get back!
    It will also make you a better person as you learn to compromise and understand people from other cultures. Try and learn from them and make friends with them. :)

Relax - and enjoy it!