Ok so random question about breaks

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by kimmiedancer, Dec 4, 2009.

1. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

In NZ we get max of 30min breaks (along with 15min breaks), and I often find it hard to entertain myself for that time,though they are nice. I was reading through other threads and saw the likes of hour long breaks being discussed.
    What in the world do you do with yourself for an hour??

Cheers
    ~Kimmie

2. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

When you're working 10+ hours, it's quite nice to have an hour break to have a nap or just to sit down and of course, to eat!!
    It depends on how it works in your work location, if you're working a shift where you're entitled to an hours break then it might be broken up into two, 30 minute breaks.
    In the main street break room we had a tv, some arcade games and a ping pong table so there was plenty to keep us entertained!! :)

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

You can go and get food - if there's a queue, or they're being slow, or it's a bit of a walk, it can take a while to do!
    Breaks are awesome - watching Disney channel, randomly chatting to people...

and in QS, due to the rushes at lunch and dinner a lot of people get breaks at the same time in the slow periods, so there's lots to talk to!
    You will learn to love the break! ;) - and hate the 15! (no time to do anything really!)
    xx

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, breaks are something to be thankful for when you work 10+ hour shifts. one day i got a 45, 30 and 15, i think that was a 13 or 14 hour shift. But at Epcot you can go to the discovery diner and get food, watch tv, talk with other cast members and normally there will be someone on break at the same time from your area so you just chat away for the time. My area was really generous with breaks and we got quite a lot, just due to our area i suppose.

5. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Thanks guys :)

6. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

At downtown, we got a half hour break for every 3+ hours we worked. There were cast member parties backstage quite a few times when CPs were leaving and such, so that was a good way to spend breaks! There's always something to do xx

7. oogaboogallama

oogaboogallama New Member

Kimmie,

Have I ever told you you are a legend? You always seem to ask the questions I want to know the answers to but havent quite thought of yet lol :p

8. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

hahaha

I do think of the randomist questions - so I'm glad that someone else finds it useful!