OFF Peak times!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by kimmiedancer, Feb 15, 2010.

1. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Hey everyone!

Just wondered when the peak times at Disney World are for visitors? I want to book some Disney resort rooms or cruises etc when I'm there, and I want to know when the best times would be for that.

:)
    ~Kimmie

2. carly-anne

carly-anne Guest

You'll want to avoid early July, I remember that being quite crazy due to the holiday, they event blacked out cast members from MK on the 4th when I was on ICP.

There's also the brazilian tour groups that tend to take over the value resorts throughout the summer, I dont remember the exact times they were there but I do remember it being quite hard to avoid them. I wouldnt stay at a value resort throughout the summer for that reason alone.

It's hit or miss but end of July early August would probably be a good time. I was able to take several days off around that time for my birthday to do universal, sea world and clearwater.

3. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Peak times would be from mid June through until beginning of September. It get significantly quieter when the american schools open in August, but it's still very busy. Then around the week before Thanksgiving until after New Year it's packed and then i think Easter is pretty busy as well.

September to October and mid January onwards are pretty quiet.

Basically, any time there is an american or international holiday or the schools are closed, it's busy!

4. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Thanks for your info! :)

I have no idea what the US holidays are - I am from NZ! :p ...I have noticed there are a fair few of them though!!

5. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

Good topic!

I know there's big holidays for Labour Day, Thanksgiving, Independance Day, Presidents Day, Veterans Day and of course Christmas & Easter.
    There's a few sites listed by Google that tell you dates.

6. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

found this

New Year's Day, January 1st.
    Birthday of Martin Luther King, third Monday in January.
    Inauguration Day, January 20th every four years, starting in 1937.
    Washington's Birthday, third Monday in February since 1971; prior to that year, it was celebrated on the traditional date of February 22.
    Inauguration Day, March 4th every four years, pre-1937.
    Armed Forces Day, third Saturday in May.
    Memorial Day, last Monday in May since 1971; from 1868 to 1970 it was celebrated on May 30, and was called Decoration Day for part of that time.
    Flag Day, June 14th.
    United States of America's Independence Day, July 4.
    Labor Day, first Monday in September.
    Columbus Day, second Monday in October (federal holiday since 1971).
    Election Day, Tuesday on or after November 2.
    Veterans Day, November 11th (except from 1971 to 1977, inclusive, when it was celebrated on the fourth Monday in October; formerly known as Armistice).
    Thanksgiving Day, fourth Thursday in November.
    Christmas Day, December 25th. I have finally included this since it is a federal holiday, although it is not based on a secular holiday.

7. Eve

Eve New Member

So when are the US scools back?? is it august??