Nickname?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Aisling, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Aisling

Aisling New Member

Isn't it a bit unprofessional to put your nickname on a job application. My name is Aisling (pronounced Ash-ling) and everyone calls me Ash.. Should I put Ash, or Aisling as my preferred name?

2. theshox

theshox New Member

Why would you put your nickname at a job application ???
    A job application is serrious business, and no nicknames should be used as applicant name...

3. GXB977

GXB977 New Member

Honestly I don't think this is such a big deal. It's a genuine nick-name relative to your original name. If your nick-name was SpankyPants or something really ridiculous then no, I wouldn't put it. But if you would prefer to be spoken to in a profesh environment as 'Ash' I don't think it would be a big deal for your to put this down. Alternatively, you could put Aisling down, but at the interview say to them, 'I just wanted you to know that I prefer to be called 'Ash' if that's alright'.
    x

4. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

The yummy jobs application forms ask for your nickname.

I think the nickname thing is there so that they know what name you might like on your name badge. For example, a Benjamin might want Ben, or Jonathan becomes Jon. For me, Victoria becomes Vikki... or in other peoples cases, Vicky, Vicki, Tori etc. It's not like the nickname that my boyfriend gives me... His little one, or friends of mine used to called me Lizard (don't ask).

5. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yeah vikki is right, dont put down a nickname as such, but if you usually get called something other than your full name then feel free to put that down, as long as it doesnt sound silly!!!!!! Im Kerry and thats what i had on my disney badge, wouldnt have been allowed to have Kez or anything, but some people had Sam instead of Samantha, Vicky instead of Victoria etc when in doubt tho just stick to your full name and leave it at that, when you get to disney you can get a new name badge if you need to but like i say they wont let you have anything on it thats too random....!!

6. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Yeah, my name is Jessica but everyone calls me Jess.. and I'm pretty sure thats what I wrote down when they asked what I wanted on my name badge :)