Newbie queries about the program?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by bexicle, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bexicle

bexicle New Member

Hi, I've been looking into doing the international program for disney next summer and would like your advice on how I should go about it? Do I sign up to yummy jobs and do it that way?
    Although it was CCUSA last year I was accepted onto a program months in advance only to be told about two weeks before flying out that there was nowhere scheduled for me to work, so I hope this does not affect my application in anyway.
    I can't do a year placement in the middle of my degree so how does it work, can Disney offer summer positions?
    Do the costs for applying really add up? I've heard it can be well into £1000 before you've even got to Fl.
    Thankyou - very much appreciated.

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yes, they offer a summer program. If you are wanting to go next summer then i would advise you to email them immediately. The costs arent that bad, it only comes to over 1000 when you add your flight into that.
    Email them but also sign up and apply, you may not be too late!

3. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

sorry to hear about the CCUSA program, did they tell you why that happened?

If you register on the yummy jobs website you can apply by filling in a few details and uploading your CV. It would probably be a good idea to check about the CCUSA thing, but i'm sure it won't be a problem. Did you already have your visa and everything?

As far as costs go, you do have to pay for flights, visa, and criminal records check so i guess the money can add up, but they send a document outlining these costs so you know where you stand. This is what the document says:

International College Program 2009 Budget

You will be receiving your first paycheck approximately two weeks after your arrival.

Pre Departure Expenses (Non-reimbursed)

£65 US Embassy Visa App Fee + £14 Courier Fee
    Work Travel Visa is sponsored by Disney
    £18 SEVIS fee
    £55 Background Check
    £48 4 months Medical insurance,
    (dependant on plan)

£400-£550 Airfare,(approx)

Also, any transportation or postal fees required securing a Visa.

Post-Arrival Expenses (Non Reimbursed)

$100 Disney Assessment Fee
    $80- $105 First week’s rent
    $50 -$100, (£26 - £52) Groceries for 1-2 weeks
    $30 (£16) Work shoes to be purchased after arrival

NOTE: all costs are approximate

Hope that helps!!

4. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

I've thought ahead and kept my dollars from my holiday. I had 280 dollars left over so instead of changing them back to pounds I've kept them as I bought them at 2 dollars to the pound which seems crazy seeing as it's now around 1.60 to the pound. I'll only change them if it ends up pushing back up towards the 2 dollars level.