Nationality confusion.

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Pommyy, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Okay. So I moved to australia 2 years ago after living in England for my whole life.
    But as I'm applying for the ICP through Australia, does that mean I wont be classed as "english" when I get out there.

and I wont be able to work in the UK pavillion?

If anyone knows the answer to this it would greatly be appreciated. Or if theres anyone else out there in my situation.

Thanks

2. sangreazul8

sangreazul8 Active Member

hi. i think you have to contact yummy jobs, cause youre english and i think it doesnt matter if ur living at australia

www.yummyjobs.com

3. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Thanks, I have sent them an email.

I just have a feeling I will have to apply through australia, as I will be an australian cictizen as well.

4. sangreazul8

lets wait for their answer

i think you would like to be at uk pavilion dont u?

im waiting for my f2f date and location

5. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

I dont really mind if I am not able to work in the UK pavillion, but considering Australia doesn't have one, it would be nice to have the option too.

Yeah, I'll just wait for someone to reply.

Thanks for your help ;D

6. sangreazul8

i think applying from australia has and advantage because you could be able to select more roles than in UK

but it doesnt matter, just working in disney is the best whatever u do

7. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

But if you are on ICP, you won't be working in a world showcase pavilion anyway... no UK ICPs work in the uk pav.

8. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Okay I'm getting confused!

So do the CRP's work in the uk pav?

I think it might be the CRP that I'm meant to apply for :-\

9. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

The UK pavillion's merchandise and food locations are run by year long CRP program participants and are restricted to work only here on their visa. ICP program details and requirements vary from country to country, and there are different varieties of ICP duration. ICP visas tend to allow you more freedom to be placed anywhere in the resort. UK CRP's tend to have their interviews in London, but I suppose they may be able to make a special exception for you to be able to interview in Australia, but this is a long shot. As you've stated in your other post, Australia have some similar programs classed as ICP which you may be able to go on (but definitely not working in the UK pavillion) and is probably your best option. Most of us on here are UK'ers and other europeans, so getting detailed austrailan info from us may be tricky.

To add to the confusion there's a very small chance you'd work in the UK pavillion (amongst other world showcase countries) if you were put in a cleaning custodial role in Epcot's world showcase, as custodial is not country specific.

10. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Thanks

It looks like I'm going to apply for the Australian ICP.
    I don't mind that I wont be able to work in the UK pavillion. As long as I get to work for disney it's all good ;D