Merchandise!!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by jayne, Dec 2, 2009.

1. jayne

jayne New Member

Hey everyone!

I got offered merchandise - leaving June 1st ;D sooo excited!!

Just wondered if anyone who has been there before could tell me more about the job role?

Anyone else in Merchandise? :)

2. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Hello, I just posted in another thread about merchandise.. I will find the post and copy and paste it in - I did merch at the Emporium (main st usa, magic kingdom) in 2008 for the ICP!

Here you go:

I did merchandise in the emporium (main street, magic kingdom!) and it was so much fun!! my shifts were generally split between either stock or registers... on stock you attempted to get new stuff out to fill the shelves but generally failed because it was too busy so you ended up merchantaining (you will find out what this is!) and waiting until the parade/fireworks/store was closed so that you could get your stock cart out with new stuff!!

Registers was my favourite i.e. being on till :)l Cheesy Handling american money is a bit wierd at first but you will get used to it!

Other roles at the empo included door greeter (yes this literally means standing and waving with a giant mickey mouse... I loved it) and merchantainment which you could end up doing all shift..... being paid to give out stickers and talk to people - HELL YEAH. ;D ;D ;D

3. jayne

jayne New Member

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Elements of it are like working in any retail shop in the uk... except you dont get told off when you get chatting to customers or giving out stickers or playing games with the kids... you can dance and sing along to the parade and you dont get told off as long as you are projecting a positive image and energy.

5. Tasha--x

Tasha--x Member

I got merchandise toooooo yay !! Was my first choice I really want to work in Magic Kingdom do you think if I asked yummyjobs this they could do anything? x

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

You could tell them when they phone you in a couple weeks but there is no promises... some people get lucky tho!

7. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

Im doing merchandise and leaving at the 20th June so exited :D