Medical Insurance

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by disneydj, Mar 3, 2010.

1. disneydj

disneydj New Member

Can someone explain to me what i'm looking for? I'm going to use Seven Corners - i've chosen $50,000 as the "medical maximum" and now i've got 3 choices, with different deductibles.

Which one should I choose and what are the deductibles for?

2. Sofi

Sofi Guest

all i know is i'm going with Sta Travel cos its £82 includes quite a lot of stuff and even includes travel insurance, im gunna get an upgrade to the £118 one too cos it includes extreme sports and i get 10% discount for booking my flight with them, thats pretty cool x

3. disneydj

disneydj New Member

Just had a look at that Sofi - looks pretty damn good!

4. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i thought it was gunna be about £200 then i got a leaflet and was like yay i can go shopping with the extra cash :) lol x

5. tink13

tink13 New Member

I'm a bit confused with the medical insurance, I no that we hav to hav certain things but I don't really understand what they are, would someone be able to explain it n recommend ne good places and give me an idea about the prices because I hav no idea whats a good or a bad price, and is there any policies that include travel insurance as well ???

6. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Only the documents in Yummy Jobs it says the minimum you have to have (although anything above may be desirable, such as baggage cover).
    Most companies will include travel insurance as standard, just call them to check. :)

Last year I went with Go Travel insurance, they were really good, and cover you for working. I booked mine over the phone so I was sure they knew I would be working.
    xx

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I went through STA Travel last year and took the top insurance and with the same as Katie i was covered for work aswell. If you are getting insurance i would say it is better to get it through calling the company, thats just personal opinion.
    All the Best with finding insurance. :D

8. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

Hi guys,

I've gone with Insure and Go for the second year (gold policy, backpackers)
    my insurance is £57. It includes travel insurance, far more then exceeds the minimum requirements and has £0 excess! Plus i've managed to get them to agree to give anyone who orders with them a 10% discount! so woo!

(I'm not associated with the company in any way, I don't gain anything by going with them, or by anyone else going wih them, I just did a lot of research on the insurance before I went last year and this was the cheapest, I did have to use it as well and they paid me back my money in full within 5 days!)

Here's What to do:

Go to their website....

www.insureandgo.com

Click on backpackers

Fill in details.

Go up to the bit where you get a quote reference.

Then email gblyth@insureandgo.com telling her what you want, that you are going to disney and would like the 10% discount and she will go from there, probably call you back.

And that's it!

So, there might be better things out there but I got my insurance (including travel time after) with £0 excess, it covers for all the medical insurance requirements and also covers me for travel insurance as well in case of cancellation etc. and I paid £57.62.

Very happy with that, but also dont forget if you're with fitness first you can get 15% off but doing it through the members website.

There we go! :)

P.S The only reason I'm doing this is ou of the goodness of my heart, I do not recommend them etc I'm just letting you know of my experiences. I'm just saying this so no one goes all funny on me if anything goes wrong and it's got absolutely nohing to do wih yummy jobs either. i's just me trying to save you all some money! ok?! :)

9. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

Hey Captain_Kylie

Did you only get your insurance for 4 months?

Because on there gold backpacker thing on their website for 12 months they have quoted me £218??
    ;D

10. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

Sorry, Yeah I'm doing the summper ICP, so are the other guys in this post so I forgot to mention it! :) xx

11. disneydj

disneydj New Member

captain_kylie - you are quite the genius. I'll buy you a present when we're out in Orlando for your sheer brilliance :)

12. Frou-Frou90

Frou-Frou90 New Member

Sorted all mine out today, for my dates (20june - 15 sept) and the gold backpackers with insureandgo, the best one, i got £60.83, sounds like a bargain to me :) and yes kylie is a genius!!!

13. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

Aww thanks, very kind but it was nothing, just thought i'd try and sort everyone out after I'd used it last year! every penny helps! :) xx

(another money saving tip, buy the £2 4 tog quilt from ikea before you go, saves you some dosh and is perfect!) x

14. hannah89

hannah89 New Member

I've just got to say thankyou captain_kylie as well! I've now sorted out my insurance with them and that was the cheapest I'd seen anywhere, and got the 10% discount! ;D

15. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

Just a question.
    My friend is doing camp america in Florida, she has had to have injections and a medical check with the doctor. Do we need to do that for Disney?? :-\

16. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

Nope, we don't not for Disney thank god! just need sufficent medial insurance!

xx

17. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Hi there - Im lookin for medical insurance - very last minute I know! Im stressin out! lol. See this insure and go - is this ok - the yummy jobs booklet thing said that it cannot be a regualr travel insurance policy - is insure and go still ok to use?