medical insurance

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Disney Jess, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

as usual,theres probably one of these on here somewhere...but oh well.

have you all done your insurance yet? and what ones did you use and how much etc?
    I'm going to have a look and try to sort it over the weekend.
    x

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I went with Go Travel Insurance - they covered me for Food and Beverage! (Which Direct Line don't)!
    It was £122.xx (can't remember exactly!), and I paid an extra £8.81 to waive the £75 excess should I need to claim!
    They said that they would put my hayfever down as an exclusion (or the premium would have increased), but it doesn't mention it anywhere on the documents!
    Hoe this helps
    xx

3. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Thankyouu
    do we have to have our job covered?
    i looked at one that a couple of people have mentioned, goinsurance i thnk it was....the backpackers one? but im not sure if that#ll work? but it was cheaper x

4. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Are you thinking of Insure and Go?
    They were next on my list to call, but the lady at Go was really nice!
    I'm not sure if we have to have it covered or not, but I don't want to take the risk of them not paying out because I didn't tell them I was working and they don't cover it!
    Your doing merchandise though aren't you? I'm sure that will be fine :)
    xx

5. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

ha yeh i think so, my bad! yes i'm merch.... I'll have to look up what it says on YJ.... it'll say if we need it to cover work i guess? but its just medical we need really,coz surely if we broke a leg or something at work,that'd cover us.
    AH I CANNOT WAIT !x

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yummyjobs says nothing about covering us at work, just that we must have medical insurance, i was going to go with the one that yummyjobs recommended, seven corners!

7. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I thought that - but $200-$250 seemed a little much to me, so I looked around a bit and paid ~£123!
    If it was still $2 to £1 I probably would have gone with them though!

Just didn't want to take the risk of them weaseling out of paying if something happened because I didn't tell them I was working, even if it didn't happen at work!
    xx

8. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

You should definitely make sure the policy includes manual work (not just non-manual office jobs) as otherwise the policy could become invalid. If you have an accident at work such as a bad fall, its your own insurance that would cover it, not Disney (unless you sue Disney for something like negligence) so definitely make sure you're covered. Hopefully bad stuff will never happen to you, but if it did and you weren't covered it could end up costing loads. Its the usual line of checking round different companies and their policy documents. Check whether they'll cover you for manual work (not all backpacker policies do), what they cover for and up to what $ amount (some similarly priced policies have wildly different $x million of cover), whether they cover existing ilnesses if you have one and whether they have a reasonable excess fee for a medical visit (some have no fee, others could be $500 perhaps - are you willing/able to pay $50/100/200/500 for a medical visit for the sake of a cheaper policy?).
    Of particular note to the more adventurous of you are whether things like skydiving are covered. If you plan to do an activity like this make sure you're covered, it'll often be an extra and could turn out very expensive if there's an accident.

Unfortunately its a boring scroll through the various policies to suit your needs.

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Haha, yea, i think ill just go with seven corners to play it safe, hehe. the exchange rate is at 1.5 the now and going up :D

10. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

hey i got ten mlillion covered and covered for being a lifeguard for £75 on wordwideinsurance, i got them to reassure me that they insured yummy jobs standars and they do,also they covered my asthma for free :D:D!!
    xx

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I purchased my insurance the other day from sta travel. I got the blue premium worldwide pack, and that only cost me £110, so i thought that was really good, and its amazing cover. So im happy i got it sorted now :D

12. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

oooh that's a good price, I might look at that one...

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, its a great price compared to some of them and its only a £50 excess, but if you pay a tenner more then you can get rid of the excess.

14. PinkRose01

PinkRose01 New Member

I purchased my allowance the added day from sta travel. I got the dejected exceptional common pack, and that alone amount me £110, so i anticipation that was absolutely good, and its amazing cover. So im blessed i got it sorted now