Malls and roommates!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Maree, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Maree

Maree New Member

Hello, people!!

I'll go Disney on Dec, 5th!!
    I'm excited, haha.

BTW, I have questions!!

Are there any other malls except Orlando premium outlet?

I want to buy typical american brand, such as abercrombie or american eagle, etc,
    however when I checked orlando premium outlet website, I think it doesn't sell those kinds of brands.

and how about transportations from dorms to malls?

Oh!!
    and I heard a lot of people live with others who are from same country.
    Is that real?!!!!

If it's real... it's not good... I think.

2. Skibaby

Skibaby New Member

I haven't taken part in the ICP yet, so I don't know much about transportation etc, but I have been to Orlando several times, and there are 2 malls that I know of; the Florida Mall, and the Mall at Millenia, and there are also the outlets that you have mentioned and several other outlets. Most of the American brand shops are in both of these Malls, such as Abercrombie, Hollister, Urban Outfitters, American Eagle. I think the outlets usually just have designer brands such as Gucci, D&G, etc. Hope this helps!

3. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Skibaby is right! Mall at Millenia and Florida Mall have all the major american shops! I love Florida Mall, it has everything you could ever need!
    I can't remember exactly, but there is a bus to the Florida Mall once a month from the apartments on the american coach buses, i think! There are various other buses that go there but i don't know much about them. You have to make your own way to the Mall at Millenia though. It can take a while to get to the malls on the American coach and on public transport, so i'd recommend getting a few friends to go with you and then sharing a taxi, it's so much easier and not too expensive.

It might depend on who's arriving the same date as you, but when i did my program, i was only with one other british girl, 2 of my roommates were Taiwanese and 2 were Mexican. Most of my friends from the UK shared with one other british person and then had a mixture of other nationalities. It is really cool sharing with other nationalities because you learn about other cultures and stuff, but i'm glad i had someone from the UK with me because we shared a room and we had similar habits and ways of doing things which i think makes it easier to share a bedroom with someone. I wouldn't change my living arrangements for the world, i think it worked out perfectly!

4. cristiann

cristiann New Member

There are the Prime Outlets too!!

Where are you from Maree?

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

You might not be with people who arrived the same day you did.

6. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

The way we got to the different malls was to go to the Premium Outlets first - which is like a 5 minute walk from the Commons. Then you can get the i-trolley to the Prime Outlets for 25cent with your disney id! Can't remember the number of the bus you get, but there's one from there that will take you to Millenia etc for about $2. It takes quite a while, but it was cheap and a good way to spend days off if there's a few of you!

7. Maree

Maree New Member

All replies were really helpful and I'm really thank you guys!!

Oh,
    BTW, I'm from South Korea.
    Where are you from, cristiann? :)
    Maybe you and I arrive at Disney on same day!!

8. cristiann

cristiann New Member

I´m from Argentina. I have to be at Disney Dec/6, but will arrive to Orlando the day before!

9. giorgio

giorgio New Member

if u want go to the malls get a car!Don't wait hours for buses