London 21st November!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by yay-disney, Nov 7, 2009.

1. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

HEY!
    just want to see who else would be traveling to lil old London Town. Getting very excited. Does anyone else have to get a SUPER early train? x

2. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Hi, I will be! I'm going up on the Friday afternoon/evening with two other people from Cardiff though and we're staying in a hotel in Hammersmith the night before :)
    I'm actually really looking forward to it at the moment, but I'm sure I'll be nervous when it gets a bit closer!
    Where are you from?

3. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Im from Bucks which is just outside london, but im at uni in Southampton at the mo. Just realised that the night before im going to see the first screening of New Moon. It doen't start till 12 and is 2 and a bit hours long. So im going to get about 2 hours sleep. I think i may need a lot of coffee!

4. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I was going to go see the midnight showing too, but I've had to move it to Sunday now because of the interview ha :( Although I could go see it in London on the Friday night, which would be pretty amazing ;D

5. mogs

mogs New Member

Hey
    Im off to London as well :)
    wow! Im from just outside Cardiff and im in Swansea uni. So i'll be leaving about 4ish to get the bus :(
    I guess I will be seeing you all there
    ;D can't wait!

6. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

That would be AMAZING. I am still going to go it will be fine. lol (I Hope)

7. Tasha--x

Tasha--x Member

Heyy I have my interview in London on the 21st. I'm in from Cwmbran & in Swansea University too :) I'm going up the night before with my mom. Does anybody know what kinda questions they will be asking? I'm super excited/nervous!! ;D x

8. Danielle

Danielle New Member

That's so weird, I'm from Pontypool but I'm in Cardiff university at the moment :)

9. Tasha--x

Tasha--x Member

Aww wow! Thats cool are you going up the night before? I'm assuming yours is in London too? :) I'm soo excited I'm just getting all the documents together that we will need eeeeek :D x

10. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Yepp, I'm staying there the night before with two friends from Cardiff :) How about you?
    I've just been home to get my birth certificate and passport, I just need to find a bank statement now and take the university letters to my tutor and I should be ready ;D

11. Tasha--x

Tasha--x Member

Aww I see thats cool ! I'm getting a coach up with my mom the night before :) Don't know how I'm gonna sleep the night before lol.. Same here got to get everything signed then I'm good to go :D Do you know how many people will get accepted? Because I heard apparently they only take 100 from each country not sure how true that is x

12. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I wouldn't say that's true... but you never know.

I am going to London too! Getting a train before sunrise from Salisbury to London (even tho I'm at Uni in Bournemouth!) ;D

13. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

aww if you went from your uni we would prob have got the same train. Nevermind!

14. Tasha--x

Tasha--x Member

I'm too excited I've been googling everything all day long !! Only problem is my mom and dad have actually booked for us to go to Florida on August 27th.. Do you guys think I should mention that in the interview? We're also doing the Disney Cruise on September 2nd but I'm sure the programme doesn't finish until the 3rd.. I wouldn't want to mention it and that affect them possibly picking me?! x

15. mogs

mogs New Member

Hey wow so many welsh going :)
    I havnt had my university letters yet. should I email yummy jobs or summing? how did you get yours?

16. catfish278

catfish278 Member

If you are going to apply for the earlier dates then you'll be fine... If you organised your shifts well then you could leave a couple of days early I reckon. When I did the ICP in 2008, my last shift was on the Wednesday (27th Aug) and the program ended on the Friday (29th) which is when I flew home... but the last few days of the program were the best time ever I wouldn't have missed them for the world! ;D

17. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Are you from Bournemouth?

18. Tasha--x

Tasha--x Member

I'm applying for the latest dates as my course at Uni doesnt finish until the last date :( But I think if I get it I won't pass up the opportunity for a holiday.. I'd deffo pick the programme over the holiday as I will have a weeks worth of holiday with my parents when the programme finishes!! (They fly home Sept 10th) So its a win-win situation I guess :) Thanks for the advice!! x

19. jdavies

jdavies New Member

im welsh too from port talbot studying in cardiff. im going up with danielle the night before to be nice and fresh in the morning allthough we will have a wander of london town on friday night, may aswell make the most of our trip to london ini
    we got a bus booked for 5.30 back, that should be fine shouldnt it? :)

20. catfish278

catfish278 Member

If your parents are in Florida at the same time as you, you can use your pass to get them into the parks for free :D There are certain rules and regs attached to that which I am not too hot on (I need to find out myself!) but it could benefit them... also you can always try and swap shifts with other people etc so you can spend time with your parents even tho you're on the program. :D