Laundry question

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by kimmiedancer, Apr 16, 2010.

1. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

So this weird question came to me today - what do people do whilst they have their laundry going? Do they just stay there and read or what?

2. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

Are you talking about generally or just while they'll be at Disney?

It really depends on how long the cycle is and whether there is somewhere TO wait. My laundry room in halls here has a sofa so sometimes I just sit and chill. Usually though I just check what time it'll be done and head back to my room and return a few minutes early. Laundry machine doors lock so as long as you're back before it's done no-one can steal your clothes. This is NOT true of the dryers though.

3. Kevus

Kevus New Member

I use to just leave it there and come back to it, in vista they were at the bottom of your block so when i lived on the bottom floor it was easy to leave it.

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Yeah me too just used to leave it there... generally people don't steal your clothes and if you leave the basket on top of the machine then if someone wants to use it they know to chuck your clothes back in your basket!

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

i stayed in Chatham and had the laundry room was across the road, was only 2 mins walk. I used to leave it there as the cycles normally took around an hour. My laundry basket got stolen not long after i bought it, i was so annoyed, but i suppose i left it there haha.
    Its easy enough just to leave it and go and do whatever you want, i know some people who left it and went to the parks and sometimes work and came back and got it later, i thought they were a bit nuts to do so, but its what they wanted to do.

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

haha... mine was a pop up one with tinkerbell on it... obviously more honest people at vista! :p

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

oh wow thats so cool, ye apparently so. I was so annoyed, haha. I had to run back to my apartment and find something big enough to hold everything :p

8. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I just used a couple of Publix bags when I did my laundry...
    It used to annoy me when people would go to work or somewhere and leave theor laundry - I had to take someone's stuff out once, came back after the wash... stuff still three so I put it back, canme back after the dryer was done.... STILL THERE!!! It's quite inconsiderate really...
    I just used to do it on the morning of a day off - doesn't take too long!
    xx

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I used to do my laundry at like 2am for some strange reason, but i was always full of energy after my shifts, getting home around about midnight to 1am. Fun times. I remember going to get my dry cleaning at about 430am one morning, i was still wide awake and then hit the parks later on that morning. I hated doing Laundry :p

10. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I used to do my laundry on my day off (and for three months I only got one day off a week!) as well as go to Walmart. I never had a problem and it only took about an hour to get it all done (a lot of my clothes can't go in the dryer so I never had to wait for that!) and I didn't wash my own costumes so that was all that sorted. As for the CRP, well I lived in the Commons ;) Definite plus to have your own washer and dryer!