Just booked my flight :)

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by disneydj, Dec 7, 2009.

1. disneydj

disneydj New Member

;D Manchester, 20th June 2010, 10:25am, Virgin Atlantic
    flys back on 3rd September from Orlando, 18:45, Virgin Atlantic!

Cost me £503.65 - free drinks all flight - it's gonna be good!

Perfect if you know when you want to come back, I don't want any flexibility as i need to come to my poor girlfriend and back to uni!

If anyone else fancies joining me on this flight, drop me a text - 07742 274107, email me, jonathan.burns@my.westminster.ac.uk - or add me on facebook! Jonny Burns (Wales, Castell Alun and London networks) and we can organise it!

Cannot wait!

2. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

someones keen. lol

3. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Very organised. Think I am going to hold off for a bit... see if Virgin have a sale in January!! :p I will be flying from gatwick tho!

4. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

WOW that's expensive! I only paid £300 in Jan last year, I'm hoping prices go down a bit!

5. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

Think i might wait for mine then :p plus my bf works for BA . had a look at their monthly newspaper they have in work and flights are £32 :O but for that you have to work there over 3 years and hes only worked there a a year and half gutted :( but i probs will get a cheap flight but not the £32 lol

6. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Me too. What date are you going on???

7. disneydj

disneydj New Member

Bloody hell, don't tell me they're gonna have a sale! That'd be just brilliant! Nah i'm glad I booked it, don't have to worry about it now!

8. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

I no i really wana book mine, but yummy said to wait a bit so i just want to make sure that theres nothing wrong and im defo gong before i book.

9. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i dont really wanna book mine now cos i dont need to be flexible but i dont want something to go wrong then i cant cancel it =s

10. disneydj

disneydj New Member

Basically if somethign 'goes wrong' i have to cancel the flight at full price - but what is going to go wrong? I've been accepted on the program so if I were to randomly get an email saying it was a mistake and that i'm not actually going- i'd make Disney pay for it ;) haha yea right!

11. Sofi

Sofi Guest

the thing is u might wanna stay over there a little longer, make use of your visa, im going june 1st and staying till september 17th

plus u could end up failing the criminal record check or not being given a visa or anything could happen to stop u going like u could break ur leg the day before, lol im only thinking along them lines cos im very unlucky so im gunna make sure i could cancel and still get my money back just incase or if i cant cancel im gunna make sure its an extremely cheap flight lol x

12. disneydj

disneydj New Member

Ok mental note: Sofi is accident prone and always looks on the bright side of life! ;D

You're right Sofi, i agree with everything you say- but literally nothing will stop me going to WDW, if I fail the CRB then that'd be odd because I have one at the moment - it just won't be valid which is why I need a new one - so i just need to make sure I don't do anything stupid between now and then! If I break my leg, i'm going anyway, if Virgin go bust, i'll eat my own leg, (and then get a boat to Florida) and if i don't get my visa... i'll have to think about that one!

13. catfish278

catfish278 Member

The visa is the dodgy one... there is no reason not to get it but it's still a worry you'll be refused. Fingers crossed none of us break legs etc hehe 8)

14. catfish278

catfish278 Member

June 20th! Yourself?

15. Sofi

Sofi Guest

lol ive never been be4 tho so is it hard to get a visa? x

16. catfish278

catfish278 Member

LOL no.... just as long as you fill the forms out right.. the visit to the embassy consists of being stripped of all electronic equipment (you leave it in a locker thing with a security guard who has a gun! :eek:) and then sitting in a waiting room for hours until they call your number, going to a window to give them some forms. Then sitting down again for ages until they call you again... then I went to the little window/desk thing, she spent about 30 seconds talking to me "What are you doing in america" "how long will you be there" and then it was all over "I grant you your american visa". You give them your passport and wait for it to come back in the post. Done ;D

17. Sofi

Sofi Guest

cool dudes altho im not taking my belly button ring out its been in for 5 years and im scared too lol x

18. CharlotteSparkle

HAHA don't think you'll be asked to take out your belly button ring out, it's just electronic stuff you can't take in ;D

19. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

i would, they mite shoot you!

20. CharlotteSparkle

Nah it's really not that bad, the americans are all really lovely. Just don't tale your phone or ipod or anything...and TAKE A BOOK!