Just a wondering...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MissWendy, Apr 18, 2008.

1. MissWendy

MissWendy New Member

You know all the stories you read about the people who work for Disney? Well I have heard and read A LOT of stories about some of them handing out merchandise like stickers to crying kids etc and I was just wondering if that comes out of their wage packet because surely you can't just give out free stuff? ???

2. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Yeah, you actually can... I worked merchandise, and I handed out quite a bit.
    Of course, you can't just hand stuff out to anyone. There has to be a really good reason.
    Like someone who just fell over and really hurt themselves. Someone who spilled a drink on their t-shirt, you can give them a new one.
    I remember this girl who was gonna pull her tooth in our shop.. she was bawling her eyes out... so we gave her a princess crown for being so brave and eventually pulling it out.
    And there was this one time I had this amazing wrong fight with this kid, and he was very sad about having to leave.. so I gave him the sword.. and of course he was really happy.

It only "cheap" stuff you can give away... jewelry and stuff is a big no-no...

3. MissWendy

MissWendy New Member

WOW thats great that Disney allows that :D

4. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Well, you know, it's the happiest place on earth... and if someone's not happy, it's our job to take care of that...
    it IS after all where dreams come true ;) ;D :D

5. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

They also have some stickers and pins that guests can only get from CM's, so sometimes you get to give them out ;D

6. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

yeah, merch usually takes care of that...
    we had loads of stickers.. we were actually told sometimes to just go hand them out to kids...
    and pins like "happy birthday", and certain celebration pins we hand out as well...
    for the "anniversary", "first visit", "family gathering" or whatever it's called.. and other pins like that will be given to you at Guest Relations

7. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

F&B gets to hand at those things I explained about too...

8. Karritada

Karritada New Member

wow thats so nice! Its love the fact that Disney is always willing to go that extra mile to make someone smile :)