June 1st 2010

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Sofi, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Sofi

Sofi Guest

Heyyyy i thought i'd copy the rest of them and start our own topic!

Here you can post where your flying from and what your gunna be working on and we'll all get to know each other! =D maybe even arrange a meetup beforehand! x

2. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

well done!!

3. StevenC

StevenC New Member

I'M GOING JUNE 1ST!

CHARACTER PERFORMER =D

4. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

meeeeee in attractions, woop woop!! Big up June 1st!

5. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

sofi which role did you get??

6. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i got quick service food, not too sure what to think of that but hey were going to disney! lol are u guys flying from manchester?

do u kno if we shud be flying on june 1st or flying may 31st to start work on june 1st? im not sure what times to book a flight for cos when does ur accommodation lease start? x

7. catfish278

catfish278 Member

You should to fly the day your program starts because thats when they do the welcome talk and everyone goes on the same day!

8. Sofi

Sofi Guest

but its about 11 hours or something int it then the time difference so can u just give me an example of a flight that wud get u there for say 12 midday lol im guessing they help u with all this do they?

i already saved all the cash for this in my 'Disney fund' ='] ha so im just eager to get it all booked =P x

9. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

hey!

I got a job also!
    I am working in qs f&b . . . it was kinda my last choice but fingers crossed it will be an ok job!
    I start 1st June and will be leaving from glasgow!

any other 1st june starts leaving from glasgow?

ps sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!! ;D

x

10. Sofi

Sofi Guest

SNAP we are the sameeeeeeeeeee except i haven't changed my facebook status yet cos i haven't told my friends or family yet, just my bf =o lol and im leaving from manchester or leeds =D x

11. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

is this sofi as in facebook sofi bee lol? x

12. catfish278

catfish278 Member

The flight (direct) is about 9 hours. The welcome talks and the assignment of accommodation (which is pre-decided) was at roughly about 4.30pm/5pm (orlando time).... most flights from heathrow/gatwick take off at about 11am (uk time) so you'd arrive at about 8pm (uk time) and then go back 5 hours (so 3pm orlando time) and then you've just got to get from the airport to vista way which isn't too hard!

I know that sounds as clear as mud but don't worry about getting there for a certain time, everyone is arriving at all sorts of times but most people from the UK get to the USA at about 3-6pm.

13. Sofi

Sofi Guest

yeh lol thats me

and i c so theres only 5 hours between us, and how do we actually get to the acommodation? cos ive been before but this time il be on my own and have no car but i remember it being like quite far out =s oooh i cant wait =o flying on my own how sophisticated lol x

14. catfish278

catfish278 Member

haha... well you should fly to orlando airport. Then before you go you have to book a coach which goes from the airport to Vista Way (one of the apartment complexes)... but we'll all be together so you're not on your own really!! Anyway, once you get dropped off, the disney people tell you where to go and what to do... its not too difficult! I am sure they will send us emails with all this info nearer the time!

15. Sofi

Sofi Guest

ooh how exciting!!!

btw how do we get a counter on our facebook? lol x

16. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Click mine and it takes you to a website where you can make one (you have to sign up first tho)... or just type something like "disney countdown timers" into google 8)

17. Sofi

Sofi Guest

would it work on facebook tho do u think?

hey if everyone posts there airport and job offer il add it to the first post k =D

18. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I don't know... have a look to see if there is an application that is a countdown timer?

19. Sofi

Sofi Guest

lol could do actually =] x

20. jayne

jayne New Member

Hey!!

I'm leaving June 1st too, i'm doing Merchandise!! :D :D sooo excited!!

I'm flying from Edinburgh, although if there are more people flying from Glasgow I could maybe change to that so I'm not a loner haha, I'm guessing you can do that? ??? lol!

Anyone else doing merchandise??