It's the time of your life...

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Disney Jess, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

I've just returned form doing the Summer Programme and it was amazing!
    I just want to wish all of you who are out there,and those of you who are getting ready to go all the best of luck.
    I had the best summer ever and made some amazing friends. I'm so sad it's over! Enjoy every minute of it :)
    and to those of you who are thinking of applying, do it!! you won't regret it!

2. cristiann

cristiann New Member

Thankss Jess ;D

I´ll be there Dic/6

where are you from? If you have any tip, please tell us :D

3. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

haha - well i'd hope it is good considering I'd be coming a looong way to get there! :p

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

It isn't just good, it is out of this work amazing, i loved it sooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

5. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

hahaha
    why do you say that?? What makes it good?

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Well going to work at disney is not like going to any other job, you have fun at disney and you can end up talking to random people for upto an hour about anything, nobody is scared to talk to you at disney. You can interact with all the guests and kids, and one of the best things about where i worked was i got to watch or at least listen to illuminations every single night i worked, it was amazing! You also make so many lifelong friends and so on and so forth. Also being all these people from around the world makes it great. There are some downsides to the whole thing but overall it is an amazing experience. It made going to disney more magical for me, and i cannot wait to return next summer. hopefully i can go back and work but vacation works too.

7. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Can I ask what the downsides are?

..and do you think that if I work there for a year it won't be so 'magical' ?

8. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Downsides:
    Loooooooooong shifts (I worked a 12 hour shift at least once).
    The pay isn't great if you love shopping at designer discount places, or going out a lot, or buying lots of souvenirs.
    Some of the jobs you will be given aren't your faves?
    Um.... some of the people you work with aren't that nice?

But the PLUSES so outweigh the minuses!
    Like making someone's day with a magical moment, the silly questions people ask, obviousely the HOT (both temperature and fashion-wise!) costumes, the peopel you work with, the people you live with, random people you meet on a bus, on your days off - people that have heard of the tiny village you come from when ure having a bad day.... I seriousely think working there was the best thing I ever did. I wouldn't change it for the world (unless that world was Disneyworld and I could work there forever).

There really aren't that many badsides!
    I don't think working there for a year would make it less magical. The only thing that was less magical for me was going into restaurants - I knew how they operated and that if I complained they would have to fix it - incentives for evil plans abounded.....
    But it is the best :)
    xx

9. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

oh ok thanks for that! :)
    I am just crossing my fingers that I get accepted!

10. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

it's so so so much fun, even when you're working a 14 hour shift (and yes that does happen) the people you work with make it so much fun. As long as you're prepared to work hard, you will enjoy yourself. I'd love to go out there for a year, 2 months is way way too short!

Good luck with your application, it really is the time of your life!

11. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Oh guys!!!!! I want to be back so much.

All new and reapplying applicants...I hate you very much ;D you will Love it.

Good Luck

xx

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, do not fear the long shifts, i did on average i think 10 hour shifts and they actually fly in to be perfectly honest, the shorter shifts are the ones that go a bit slower as you are more focused onto one task for that time being, well that was in my merchandise location.

There are very little bad sides compared to the good/amazing/magical, hehe. Magical moments are amazing and also where i worked got to hand out the badges for this years what will you celebrate? celebration, and it just made so many guests days to give them a badge once you asked them what they are celebrating, the kids especially. "be courteous and respectful to all guests including children" yay! i remembered, hehe.

Slightly out of note, but i am listening to the festival of the lion king and it makes me miss disney even more, haha.

13. debz

debz New Member

reading such lovely posts makes me want to be ther ryt now.

i wish yj did interviews more often lol

14. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

There aren't many downsides at all....how can there be when you're at Disney?
    even if you wake up and feel like just sleeping or relaxing, as soon as you get to the park, or to work, you realise why you're there and you'll forget about being tired etc.
    I wish we could just go back right now Leom and Gina!!! I think we should hop on a plane right now!

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I wish i could hop on a plane right now!
    So there are few downsides, and the hardst part of the whole thing is getting there.