International Program Help

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by sam17, Jan 2, 2011.

1. sam17

sam17 New Member

Hi

Im 17 and plan on applying for the International College Program when I've finished sixth form. I have seen that you need to apply with a Univeristy. How does this work. Do you need to apply to go to the University and then apply for Disney once your at the Uni?

Also I think I read somewhere that you can be a character performer with the program. Is that right and if it is how can you do it

Im abit confused can anyone help me?

Thanks
    Sam :)

2. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

Hi Sam

You can apply for the program at any time, irrelevant of whether you are currently at Uni as long as you will be at uni immediately before the program starts. i.e. say you were starting uni in September 2011. Then you could submit your application in July 2011 for the program in Summer 2012. Hope that makes sense!

As for character performer, you apply for the general program and then at the interview stages they ask you what roles you would be interested in doing. Generally character performers would need to be under 5'2" or over 6'. There are roles for other heights but they are few and far between. They actually know at the f2f interviews how many slots they have for each height.

Hope that all helps

3. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

yeah, I'm in the same boat. I think applications have closed in the UK for summer 2011, (don't know about Canada) so I'm applying for summer 2012, whenever they start taking applications, not sure when that is though.

4. sam17

sam17 New Member

Thanks for your help :)

What courses can you do at Uni so you can do the program?

5. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

For the summer 3 month program you can study any subject. It is only the academic program that limits you to particular unis and courses. Info about that is on the yummy jobs website.

Applications for the summer program usually open between June and August the year before the program and close at around September/October time.

6. sam17

sam17 New Member

Thank you :)

So am I right in thinking that you apply for the University in the normal way and choose a course that is on the yummy jobs website. Then once youve done that you apply for Disney. Is that right?

7. Linzee

Linzee New Member

In order to apply for Disney you need to of completed a whole year of uni before your possible start date at Disney :) so you cant apply for Disney as soon as you've applied for University you need to wait for your A level results to know where your going but August early September is plenty of time just get your application cv / cover letter sorted over the summer, I know of people that didnt apply until right at the end and managed to get through ........ hope that's what you were asking.

8. sam17

sam17 New Member

Yes that was what i was asking

Thank you so much for all of your help

9. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Just to say that some Universities actually have people recruiting for the ICP and are connected in some way... I went to Bournemouth Uni and I didn't know anyone there who had done the program at all when I first went (2008) so I was at the start of my first year when I just applied through the Yummy Jobs website and then at the end of my final year (2010) when I did my second ICP :)