I'm VERY confused about the Visa picture!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by katiej22, Mar 8, 2010.

1. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hey guys
    I'm very confused about the picture for the DS-160 - how on earth are we supposed to upload a picture, and have one taken if we can't scan one in... I'm rubbish at having my picture taken (digital cameras in photo shops is a BIG money saver for me!).

Can we just bring one in??

Also, anyone know when we can book appointments for the last week in April?
    xx

2. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

hey i just took mine on my camera and uploaded it via usb and it worked fine. If you dont want to do that you can take one with you. I booked my Visa appointment today for TOMORROW! thought i would get it out of the way. I didn't think my photo would be good enough but it was fine so even if its rubbish i would put it up before hand just so you know that it will get accepted.

3. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

I'm really confused to as what the photo is to actually look like! Like what it should look like when its in front of me (does anyone know what I mean?) :( :( :(
    When you're applying for a passport they give you a wee sheet with people's pictures on it with examples of what to do and not to do etc! I wish they did they same since its not a passport size pic!

Confused is an understatement!

xx

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I got my mum to take a digital photo of me and then put it into photo shop... cropped it so that it was square not rectangular and that there was a bit of space above my head and it finished just below my shoulders. Saved it as a JPG file and uploaded it with no problems :) But you can just take one with you to the appointment apparently.

5. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Hey!!
    What dimensions did you crop it to Catherine?

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

errr I think it was about 1200 pixels in height and width... it ended up being 240kb after I saved it which was lucky as thats the biggest it can be!

7. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

As long as I don't have to upload one on to the site I'm not bothered - that's what professional shops are for! Going to wait to worry though until I can book my appointment - I can't go until the end of April so I've got a bit of a wait!
    I shall try my best just to take one with me!
    xx

8. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

Can we still take in like photo booth ones? Think i did that last year, but i've totally forgotten everything! I looked like a cat in mine.. Too much eyeliner haha xx