ICP Summer Work Experience 2012

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by banable, Sep 5, 2011.

1. banable

banable New Member

Im from the United Kingdom and just about to send off my application for Summer 2012 to Yummy Jobs. I just wondered as there isnt a page for the Summer Work Experience yet if anyone else is or thinking about applying??

Thanks Guys!!

2. Carissa_93

Carissa_93 New Member

Hello!
    I applied four weeks ago! (I'm from Canada, our application opened August 1st) There are other people on these boards who are applying, including some others from the UK.

3. MXP997

MXP997 New Member

Hey! I'm from the UK and hope to send off my application within the next couple of days! Where about in the UK are you from?
    Also, if you don't mind me asking what did you guys put for the "Available from?" and "Level of Position Held?" questions on Yummy?

4. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

Hiya,
    I am so from the UK and i sent off my application off on the 1st September when the applications opened. I hope I get contacted soon, the suspense is killing me already and its only been a few days haha.

Good Luck with your applications! :)

5. banable

banable New Member

Im from North Lincolnshire, about 45mins away from Sheffield. Where is everyone else from?? And for ‘Level of Position Held’ the lady from Yummy Jobs said just put Supervisor if you haven’t held any of the selectable, I don’t think it matters too much. They just want to know about us and our enthusiasm. And for the ‘Available From’ I put a few days after my term finishes. What university do you go to and what does everyone study?

I’m trying to write my cover letter, I keep changing it!! I did everything else literally months ago. I applied last year and didn’t get through so this year I’m determined!! Ahaa. I cant really remember how long they took to reply though, I could have a look on my old emails.

Good Luck Everyone!!

6. Hi all, I'm from the UK and applied yesterday. I actually haven't started Uni yet, I start at Nottingham Uni at the end of the month. Good luck to everyone! :)

7. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

hey, i'm from Lancashire, but go to uni in wales. i haven't put my application in yet. i don't think they let everyone know if they got onto the next stage of the application process for a couple months, and i know the suspense would eat me up from the inside lol ;D

8. banable

banable New Member

Im study at Nottingham Trent its a really good city actually, Im just about the start my second year there.
    I know what you mean, Im excited to finally send it off but I dont want to be sitting there and thinking of things I wish I had written or getting VERY nervous about getting an email.

9. amylou135

amylou135 New Member

Hey :) I'm applying for next year, just sent my CV to someone I know to check it and stuff and then I'm hitting the apply button! I'm going to be studying at Leeds Met Uni and I'm from Manchester

10. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

awesome stuffs, good luck everybody!
    so is nobody waiting until yummy jobs does their university recruitment tour thing to apply?

11. banable

banable New Member

Iv heard that they only come to specific universities and mine isn’t on the list of affiliated schools. I applied the other day and I literally keep checking my emails even though they told me 6-8 weeks. I want to go so much!! Ahaa.

12. banable, I'm the same. At work, I like to check my Emails every now and then. It doesn't hurt right ;)

13. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

I'm starting at Nottingham Uni in a few weeks too! Studying Law. What are you studying? I applied for the ICP a couple of days ago, I'm really nervous now! :S

14. Ahh awesome! I'm really looking forward to it atm, other days I get nervous haha! And I'm studying Geography, are you staying on campus?

15. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

I'm staying at Broadgate Park :) where are you staying? I'm rather nervous now, can't believe it's so soon! Are you going to alton towers in week one?

16. Ahh awesome :) and University Park (I think that is what it is called haha), and I was going to but someone told me all the tickets were sold out already! :( Ah well, I might be able to buy one off of someone. It's the morning after a night out, someone will most likely not be up for it anymore haha! And yep, not long to go now at all! eek!

17. gingerbuzz

gingerbuzz New Member

Where do you put a cover letter?!?!

I just sentt mines off and I didn't know there was supposed to be a cover letter! EEEEK!

18. banable

banable New Member

@gingerbuzz
    You dont HAVE to put in a cover letter. I think the 'Motivation For Taking Part' question is something they are mostly interested in. I just made my cover letter and my CV one document and uploaded that. Even if you have already applied you can alter your application at anytime.

@MademoiselleMinnie and vickiw001
    Have either of you been to Nottingham before?? Its a really good city and I know Im at Trent but the Freshers week is great because there are lots of really good clubs in the city centre.

19. Only on a couple of open days, haven't even seen the nightlife yet! Good to know, everyone says the clubs are brilliant.

20. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

I've just bought my ticket about an hour ago so there should still be some left. I cant remember what the website is but its on the freshers week facebook :D I find out my room and everything tomorrow, exciting :D :D
    And yeah, you don't need a cover letter but if you do want to change it just edit it on your yummy jobs profile. I'm already getting impatient, and there are still 5-7 weeks left to wait before we find out!! :p