ICP Summer 2010 Applications NOW OPEN!!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Si-Keo, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Si-Keo

Si-Keo New Member

OMG OMG OMG! :eek:

Just noticed on the Yummy Jobs website that the nice shiny 'Apply Now' button is there! ;D ;D ;D

Has anyone applied yet? Anyone planning on applying?

I would like to see who I'm competing with! lmao only joking!

2. smudger

smudger New Member

I have applied just now and it all seemed to go through fine I suppose only time will tell now :)

3. Rose

Rose New Member

I've applied! Now just have to wait until September :)

4. Si-Keo

Si-Keo New Member

Just sent my application in aswell! I couldnt see anything on the site saying we had to wait until September? I know people have said Kristen told them it was then but I didn't see it on the site!

Rather apply now than wait and see what happend last time where the applications closed really early because it got full up!

That would be a disaster!!

5. Rose

Rose New Member

There is nothing on the website that says you have to wait until September, but in the email they send to confirm your application it says "If you are currently studying in the UK, Ireland, or Holland, we will be contacting you from mid September and onwards to progress your application" :)

6. NateC87

NateC87 New Member

I've just sent mine in. Got knocked back a few years ago after a god awful phone interview. Let's hope this time round I'm more prepared and a little more aware of what's coming at me!

Fingers crossed :)

Roll on September!!!

7. jdavies

jdavies New Member

I cant apply until i get accepted into uni :mad: :-\
    gutted like...
    i emailed yummy jobs to ask them but Kristen said that I have to wait until I have started studying but they are not formally accepting applications until september for the UK so yey!!! ;D

and natec87 u will have to give us tips on what not to do on the interview... haha only joking :D

8. Si-Keo

Si-Keo New Member

Well i don't start Uni until september but because I already have my grades I found out I was accepted straight away!

If I was you I would just apply in the hope that I get accepted! lol ;D

9. merfsko

merfsko New Member

So this is exactly the same quetion I posted over in the Summer 2010 thread, but I'll post it here to for whoever reads it.

I have a quick question for those who have already made their profile at yummyjobs (or even for those who haven't).

On Education and Skills it asks for our Education Level and gives a bunch of options (Degree, Foundation Dergree, HND, Masters, Other). Is this refering to what we are working TOWARDS or what we have completed?

Also, I graduate for U of T in 2013, so my choice for "Graduation Date" would be Other, right? (since it only goes up to 2010).

Sorry if these seem like really stupid questions, I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up.

Thanks!

10. Si-Keo

Si-Keo New Member

I think its what you are working towards!

Or at least thats what I put. Because i think if they wanted to know what you already had - that would be on your Cv?

Not sure really so what I would suggest is just giving Yummy Jobs a call or an email just to be on the safe side!

11. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

so i only just realised that i hadnt checked this or the yummy site in almost a month and so have just applied for icp 2010 lol

steph

12. StevenC

StevenC New Member

Hey!

I just applied for ICP 2010. I'm from the UK.

I attached my CV and clicked the Apply button on ICP... is that all I need to do?! No cover letter or anything?

I talked about one instance of my work experience on my profile as well as saying my motivation for joining... that all I need to do?! I could have discussed more things but its all in my CV so I didnt think it was too necessary!

Sorry I just thought it might be more complicated than just pressing "apply now" haha!

Hope I get on it.. would love to work at Disney loads =)

Steven x

13. smudger

smudger New Member

That's all I did seems very simple but I suppose it gives them all the information they need.
    Also welcome to the waiting game.
    Adam

14. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

i applied like early july i think and keep adding things and changing my profile. Had to stop now coz i know they start looking at them in September. some of the people last year found out about interviews on the 12th so hopefully we will be the same. OMG i am already sick of waiting. AHHH!

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ye, this is a different system from last year, last year we sent a cover letter and your CV and they replied back, this may be easier for them, but i just sent my updated CV and filled in some of the sections on the profile, and sent it. Thats it really, nothing else to it.

16. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

You mean you've applied again as well Leom??? Yay!!!!!
    Team 2009 = awesomeness!!

So nervous waiting to find out.... House marathon on some random US channel is good though, especially with having a cold.... off to Hooters in a bit - random!!!
    xxxxx

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yes i have indeed Katie, i am so excited.

I think i may go for attractions this year, cannot wait.

How is your adventures in the north then?

18. the_anarky_boy

the_anarky_boy New Member

Hey Leom, Katie
    That makes 3 of us that I know have already applied to go back again.
    Awesome!
    That should tell the rest of you how cool the experience is.

19. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I think I may go for attractions as well (would love jungle cruise), or maybe an usher at cirque like roddy had.....

My adventure in the north is amazing, DC was fun, boston was loveley (as was new york), and now I am in Canada - Quebec is lovely! :D
    tomorrow off to montreal... can't wait! everyone is really nice (and the only slight downer is that i have a cold... I left disney and got ill!)

Everyone should take note of how awesome the experience is indeed Roddy!
    Ariella has applied again as well as Luci - that makes 5 maybe?

I miss you all, especially my Scottish gang from glasgow, the dudes on here, my work mates, my room-mates, random people from the bus.... yeah I miss you all!!! :D

meet up when I'm back???
    xxxxxx

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, i am going to plan a meet up for round about maybe around about november/december time, we shall see.

I cannot believe all the people reapplying, emma has reapplied aswell. I am so jealous about what you did after the program, i am going to do something like that after it next year if i get in again, do something exciting rather than come straight home.

Everyone should note about how great it was. I miss all my friends from out there, one of which has just visited me this weekend. miss her sooooo much.

Roddy! woop woop! Mark and hayley and charlotte reapplied aswell, well actually charlotte will be reapplying, so much excitement, yay! cannot wait! hehe.