I know I'm probably thinking ahead too early...

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by allsorts3, Jul 16, 2009.

1. allsorts3

allsorts3 New Member

I'm going to be in Year 13 in the next school year meaning in 2010 I'd be going to university. Does this mean I would be able to apply for the ICP going in 2010? I know that you have to have proof that you're going to be going back to University so not sure if that would work or whether I'd have to wait for 2011 (boooo!)

Thanks in advance :)

2. demi

demi New Member

Hmm well I thought the rule was that you have to have been at uni for at least one year before you can go, and you can't go during your final year of uni. I think.

Waiting makes the heart grow fonder!! :)

3. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I'm going into university in September so I'm applying in September for next year's program, so I'm afraid you'll have to apply in September 2010 for Summer 2011 :(

4. jdavies

jdavies New Member

yeh you have to be enrolled or something on a uni course before you can apply...

and demi how did u make that badge thing i dont know how to do it ;D
    and i assume you have to wait like another year or 2 years before you can apply? am i right? :D

5. Danielle

Danielle New Member

http://www.mickeypath.com/tag.php for the badges :D

6. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

To Qualify for the ICP a participant must:
    * Be at least 18 years old
    * Be a student enrolled in an accredited, degree-issuing college or university; and returning to school for at least one term following the program
    * Have good conversational English
    * Have an outgoing personality
    * Be willing to share a bedroom

To be enrolled in a college or uni, you have to start there. This means you wouldn't be able to go on the ICP the summer before you start. So if you're going to uni in Sept/Oct 2010, the first summer you can do the ICP will be in 2011. Of course, you start applying for it just after you've started uni, in sept/oct 2010. I believe they're accepting applications for the summer of 2010 now. Obviously people who're heading to uni in a couple of months time havn't enrolled yet and therefore can't apply until they have.

For more info you might find this website helpful: http://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/summer.html
    Hope this has helped.

7. jdavies

jdavies New Member

Thanks Danielle ;D

8. allsorts3

allsorts3 New Member

Ahhh disappointment! Thank you for all your help, that was what I thought but wanted to make sure from someone who would know :D thanks again guys, good luck to any of you that are applying at the moment :)

9. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

if you have accepted your uni place does that not mean that you have enrolled. You dont need your form from your uni until near the end of next year. i say that it wouldn't hurt to try and apply or ask yummy jobs about it. You dont want to find out a few mouths done the line that you could have gone. KEEP TRYING!!!