I assume I'm too late?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by WishUponAStar, Dec 23, 2010.

1. WishUponAStar

WishUponAStar New Member

Hey all, I've just been browsing the Disney International Programs website and reading up on the International College Program (Summer Work Experience) and would love to apply but I assume that I'm too late, juudging by some of the posts on this forum?

It's just that the 'Apply Now' option is still open on their website so am I too late to apply?

2. anjefferson

anjefferson New Member

it depends what country u are from. i was the last UK applicant to get a phone interview and get a final interview for the summer programme 2011.

xxx

3. Romo

Romo New Member

If you're from the UK or anywhere else in Europe I believe you may have missed the boat, but I know Canadians get until the 31st to apply. Good luck!

4. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

If you are too late there is always next year, plus now you get loads of time to find out loads of really helpful stuff to make sure you do get it :D x

5. WishUponAStar

WishUponAStar New Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm from the UK so I am too late :( Devestated too because next year I won't be able to apply for the ICP because this year is my last year of university :(

Oh well, I suppose there is always the Cultural Representitive Program...

6. LisaInWonderland

LisaInWonderland New Member

Actually I remember the lady saying at the interview that you can do it after our last year of uni, although this may have been from the universal interviews, please dont give up yet and give someone that'll know an email!

7. LisaInWonderland

LisaInWonderland New Member

Oh and good luck!
    x

8. Alex88

Alex88 Member

Exactly as Lisa said, you are eligible for the J1 Academic program if you finished your 3 year post high school degree in the last 2 years.

9. WishUponAStar

WishUponAStar New Member

Really?? So I finish uni this upcoming May but am obviously too late to apply for the ICP for the upcoming summer, but I could apply for the 2012 program, even though I will have finished uni for a year?

10. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

E-mail Yummy jobs. I graduate this summer and was told it would be my last opportunity to do the program but the rules are constantly changing.

11. ariella

ariella New Member

There was some people I did the ICP with last summer who had graduated university and could take part in the program as long as they were coming back to Canada 30 days after their end date. I would suggest e-mailing Yummy Jobs since the rules do change from year to year.

12. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I did my second ICP in Summer 2010... after finishing uni in May 2010 :D The only reason you have to be a student is for the purposes of the visa... so basically you have to make sure they know you're gonna return to the UK after the program. I had my graduation in November (I went to Bournemouth, they have late graduation ceremonies!). Sooo... in my letter from the University which you have to submit to show your term dates and prove you're not gonna still be needed in lectures and stuff I just got them to write when the autumn term started (I neglected to mention I wouldn't be there!) and it was all good.

However, as others have said - although I did it at the end of the Uni and I know other people that did as well, they do change the rules all the time... but you can always give it a go!