How were we casted?!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by pinksparkles2, Dec 12, 2009.

1. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Heey,
    Just wondering if anyone knows at all how they decided what roles to give us?
    I'm perfectly happy with my food and beverage role (I would be happy with ANY role as long as its with Disney!), but I made a point in my interview that I had stage school experience to be a character performer and that I had a lot of merchandise experience. And I've never worked in anything to do with food and bev, so why is that what they gave me?! And then I've seen people that don't have any acting or dancing experience who got character performer roles!
    Dont get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all! Just curious ;)
    xxx

2. lozamungo

lozamungo New Member

haha i was wondering this aswell! i'm doing food and bev aswell, but was wondering how/why because i said in interview ive worked in merch for years and would be willing to do any job etc ... meh!! how v odd!! maybe they based the characte rperf on height more than experience?? i have no idea!! :) i'm not complaining though! xx

3. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i think they gave people food and bev if they ticked it cos they didn't have much interest in it on a whole. i put down character attendant and ive got 4 years retail experience in merch but i still got food :) x

4. Ophelia

Ophelia New Member

I put costuming as my first choice and we talked about it in the interview as well and thats what I got ;D....kinda think I got the role, cuz I dont really know of anyone else who really asked for it....

5. gevernon

gevernon New Member

I ticked pretty much everything and spoke about how much I wanted to work on attractions and I got merchandise....well pleased with that though! Ive worked in shops all of my working life so its something im comfortable with! Not sure how they choose it....maybe it just depends on when they get to your name, whats left?! x

6. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

too be honest it's just a case of how many people they need and where!

Food and beverage they needed the most people for and that's why so many people got it, if u ticked or said anything then its likely they automatically put u in the f&b groupings!

character performer has nothing to do with experience! I used to be a character at harrods but Disney only take into account your height because they'll see at the audtion how good or bad you are, and lets face it there's not huge skills required to be a character! and if they feel you are very confident they won't want to "mask" you or your personality! so see it as a compliment! :)

7. Georgia

Georgia New Member

I think with charater performers the most important thing is height! You have a better chance if you're taller or smaller than most people regardless of acting experience. I put down food ane beverage but got merchandise which I'm really pleased about, I said about my experience which might have helped me get it. I'm getting so excited now :D x

8. nix123

nix123 New Member

i know what you mean, the number of times that i mentioned im a dancer and performer is mad! lol im even at uni doing my degree IN dance!!!!

i ticked loads of stuff like the costuming, merchandise, attractions and i put so much emphasis on character performer because its exactly what i want to do, but it is based very much on height. I'm tall compared to everyone else at uni funnily enough, but im 5"5 which really isnt that tall, its kind of average, so i wasnt banking on getting a character performer, even if i was a little disappointed that i didnt get it.

but i got attractions in the end, which im quite happy with coz i will hopefully still get to do a bit of performing, even if its on something like terror towers or the haunted mansion where i might get to dress up and scare the hell out of people heheheheheheheeeeee!!

i did sneakily ask in my pre- screen interview if theres any chance of me getting to do any dancing in a parade or show or something, and Nick said it has happened before. its rare, but it has happened. he said i just have to be a bit cheeky and talk to the right people, and if im lucky they might possibly be able to sort something out. but all the roles are entry level, so im keeping my fingers crossed very tightly!!!!

nix ;D xx