Housing

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Jodi, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Jodi

Jodi New Member

Hey everyone!
    I was just curious to know if there is much difference between the 3 different places you can live. eg: vista way, the commons and chatham. And does it really matter where your placed in housing?
    Thanks
    Jodi :)

PS: ONLY 94 DAYS TO GO TILL IM THERE!

2. Well if you are on the ICP then you will be in either Chattham, Vista or Patterson Court. Vista is a lot older than the other two comlexes and *was* down for refurb but I don't know whether those plans are still there. Chattham, whilst not being new, is still in good nick. I lived there and loved it. I don't really know what Patterson Court is like having never actually seen the inside of the appartments. They are still working on a lot of the appartments this now as the whole complex isn't actually opened yet though some of it is. Maybe someone who has lived there can give you more information about Patterson.

3. TaraEinam

TaraEinam New Member

if you have a look at the 'Disney Colllege Program Questions' (yes with 3 L's.) group of facebook they have good descriptions of the housing complexes.

4. cowza

cowza New Member

Patterson is the newest obviously but in terms of design it is somewhere inbetween Chatham & Vista. It's very nice but also the most expensive. Unfortunately you won't get to choose where you will be. I don't think it really matters where you go though. You'll adapt fine to wherever you end up ;D

5. solcito

solcito New Member

Hi! I'm going to work at Walt Disney World in only 24 days! I'm so excited!
    I'm traveling with two friends, and I was wondering if there was a chance to share the apartment with them. I've been told that it's almost impossible but I wanted to know if there was a chance we could change apartments with someone as to be together?

6. KC

KC New Member

It all depends.

When you're checking in, line up together and ask if there's a chance you can be put together. If they have a room with two beds, then it's possible, but there's no guarantees.

As for moving into one of each other's apartments, one of your roommates will have to have finished their program or have left... Then you can put in for a transfer. But again, no guarantees!

Good luck though!

Oh, and on a general note... to all those people who say that Vista is a dump.. It's really quite nice actually! I mean, for the price you pay per week, it's a total palace! (I just got back from a 6 month work placement in Boston and our apartment was waaaaaaaay more expensive for waaaaaaaaaay less!)

7. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

If you can persuade one of the people you're sharing with to do a straight swap with the person you want to be with so no new appartements are needed then price management (who run the housing) are likely to let you do it, but persuading a near stranger to change appartements so you can be with a friend can be difficult.

8. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I agree, if someone wanted me to swap apartments it'd make me feel like a right loner reject.

9. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I loved Vista...it's so not a dump! Everyone always says it was full of parties, but judging what I heard about the Commons it was quiet compared to there! And it has two pools AND a Disney Learning Centre which I loved...all those DVD's I could borrow!

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I was told a story today about something that happened in vista this summer, hehe.

I dont care where im put as long as i have nice and hyper roommates.

11. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

As far as Vista being the 'party' place, it really has nothing on The Commons. Considering how small the Commons is too, haha, Vista has work to do to catch up!

But really, Vista is a cute little tropical styled place, with the major bus stop on it (seriously, I was so jealous because the bus system seemed to cater to Vista a little bit better than any of the other residences). It is right across the street from a Walgreens (24 hours, too!) and Bennigans, a lovely pub that we cast members frequent.

Chatham is almost shaped like a tiny little town from the (three very brief) times that I've been inside. There are little grid streets and they're almost pastel coloured buildings. They are newer, so perhaps a little more updated (less stains on the carpets and holes in the wall.. haha) but for a teeny bit of a higher price. They have courts as well as the other complexes for tennis, basketball, and ample parking. I thought they were pretty cute ^_^

I know ONE person who got placed in Patterson for a bit, and it was superrr expensive at the time (It has such regulated the prices, and still is the MOST expensive place to live, but it really isn't too outrageous). But it is BRAND SPANKIN NEW, with a lovely pool, fireplace, and uhm, did I mention TOTALLY NEW? Haha, but the bus system wasn't working very well when it first opened, and the only busses that ran from it were necessary work ones (I think) and they either had to walk 5 minutes to another living complex to catch busses to Walmart, the waterparks, etc.

And Chatham, Commons, and Patterson are all in the same little area, all about 5 minutes from each other, and right near Mickeys Retreat, a cast member-and-their-families only little beachy area. The outlet mall is very close and VERY convenient (cheap cheap cheap, mmm) and there is a Publix (a classier sort of Walmart) about a 10-15 minute walk away, also next door to the mall.

They're all great places with different pros and a few cons. They all have pools! You'll totally love and complain (in good nature) about wherever you live!

Hooope that helps!

12. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I don't care where I live :D So long as I have somewhere!!! Haha....oooooh the Dream Suit would be nice...

13. Jodi

Jodi New Member

Ohh thanks for all the help guys! Haha yeah im not really worried about where i live i'm quite easy with that sort of thing lol although i dont mind a good party :)
    Feb 9th is approaching very fast!!! :)

14. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

I met Canadian guests one time that won a night in the castle! I basically made them talk to me the entire pre-show and I found out how it all went down! So neat! They had security outside of the castle and could order any food they wanted at any part of the night! They also had Cinderella show them around when they first got in! AH MAN.

Of course, as cast members we aren't allowed to win, but like... our second cousins are! Haha, random.

15. I know some people who were shown around the suite before the winners went in. It is meant to be amazing!

16. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

During the promotion Cast Members were automatically entered into a seperate similar competition so they could win prizes allocated randomly, but would have to refuse any prizes offered while they were in the parks as a guest for the regular giveaways (but some noughty CM'saccepted the small prizes like dream ears - obviously you couldn't blag one of the major prizes). Unfortunately for me I didn't win anything when I was out there, but as custodial, I could have picked up a million dream fastpass tokens.

17. Logan514

Logan514 New Member

hey all,
    for those of you who are already there I have a quick question about the bedrooms,

how high off the floor are the beds? are the up enough the i could put a large suitcase underneath? or should i bring risers?

18. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

I was in my brother's room the other day but I didn't notice if there was space actually under the beds. I don't think so, but I could be wrong. You have a pretty big closet though, you won't have any trouble finding a spot for it.

19. vik

vik New Member

yeah there is a gap, but i wouldnt say its big enough for a case, mine wouldnt fit under it last year so i just put it in the closet where theres plenty of space

20. bacondoublecheese

bacondoublecheese New Member

I plan on living out of the suit case.

What are the bathrooms like? Do we get good tv channels? And what are the recreational sports like?