Highest paying job on ICP also what is your Favourite job?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by mia88, May 17, 2009.

1. mia88

mia88 New Member

Hey guys,

I was just curious, what is the highest paying job on the ICP. I know the pay rate varies between which job you do, but I just wanted to know.
    Also what job would you want to do and why?

Thanks,

Mia

2. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a job in quick service food and beverage would get the highest hourly wage of ICP jobs. If you work this role in one of the main quick serve locations at the Magic Kingdom, then I think you also get a small MK bonus on top of that (you're work location is predetermined for you so you typically wouldn't be able to request Magic Kindom.)
    ICP roles don't include tipped positions so you'll still be on a pretty low wage. A role such as custodial would also get a slight premium over roles such as merchandise and attractions.

Personally if I were to go back on an ICP I would chose either attractions or custodial. I did custodial in summer 08 so know the role and enjoyed it, the interaction with guests and freedom to move around. There's just something about attractions that would make me want to do it as a role, perhaps because they're the main reason people would come to the parks and those in the role I saw seemed to enjoy it.

I wouldn't let the slight differences in hourly wage sway you towards or away from particular roles, you'll be on a low wage whatever role you pick and should have a great time with fellow cast members during your program.

3. vik

vik New Member

i know the lowest paying roles are attractions, merchandise, costuming, hospitality, bell services, and main entrance opperations. i think performers get a littl more and so do those working with food lifeguards also get more as well as if youre a lifeguard and you work at a waterpark, you get in there free which is a pretty nice perk as regular cast members have to pay to get into the waterparks!

4. disneyjp

disneyjp New Member

It used to be F&B...

But when I was there..The whole wage structure changed..And lifeguards seemed to get the most..Think they were earning $8.19..This was from the start of 2008..

Not sure how often they change the structure..I also don't really think your supposed to say what you get paid etc..For obvious reasons that it could annoy people who are getting less etc..

5. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Character Performer ooooobviously!

We get $7.85 this year - 50c increase from last year yay!

6. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Sorry, I meant obv is best job, not highest paid. I think it's lifeguard?
    But MK get an MK rate which is higher tis true.

Just work loads of 3rdhr shifts - $$$

7. mia88

mia88 New Member

haha yeh I'm trying to get into Character Work. I put it as my first preference :)
    I wish we could actually perform though, like go in the parades and such!

8. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

I forgot about lifeguards when I wrote my original post reply above, obviously the skills required and responsibility would mean a higher wage than F&B. If your shift runs very late you may get 1/2 or an hour of 3rd shift premium pay added (though ICP's are never specifically put into 3rd shift roles e.g. 1am-9am shifts)

9. disneyjp

disneyjp New Member

Ironically, lifeguards used to be on the lowest ICP pay until january of last year..They used to get the same as merch..And obviously even merch at MK would get more than them!

I used to love that MK bonus, not sure what it was for, but I'm sure it was something stupid like 50 cents or 75 cents an hour, which is a fair amount when your doing like 40 hours each week...

10. We didn't get an MK rate, only time and a half after 2am or double if you had less than 6hrs between shifts.

11. vik

vik New Member

yeah i didnt get a premium for working at MK either...booo! especially as i was working with the characters who were getting paid more!

12. disneyjp

disneyjp New Member

Its a location premium...So it depends where you work...

I guess its for like really really busy places, like f&b and rides etc...That are constantly slammed with guests all day...

13. Don't think my friend on attractions got a premium either and she working on Splash. If they are gonna do it, they should do it so all at MK get it as we are all busy. I was custodial and there are only a few shifts I can think of where I wasn't constantly rushed off my feet.

14. Alex88

Alex88 Member

Lifeguards get about $9.xx

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

what is the MK rate?