Hi all! A few questions if anyone can help out?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by WishUponAStar, Jan 4, 2010.

1. WishUponAStar

WishUponAStar New Member

Hi everyone *wave* First post here, I have a couple of questions. If anyone can help out it would be much appreciated.

I'm seriously thinking about applying for the ICP next summer (which will be my final year so I'd have to apply for the J-1 Programme) I was going to apply for the summer programme this year but I'm too late and want to get a bit more work experience under my belt. So my question is about the J-1 programme. Regarding this particular part:

Does the current university you are studying at have to be in partnership with a US college or university? And do you get to choose how long you would like to work over there or do they choose for you?

Sorry if they sound like dumb questions, I'm just a little confused lol Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

If I were you, I'd email your recruitment agency (yummy jobs if you're in the UK) and ask them.

3. j.fritschij

j.fritschij New Member

Hi! I'm the first student in my college who is doing a internship at WDW. So there was no US sponsoring University for me either. So I e-mailed Yummy Jobs (I'm from the Netherlands) and said that I really want to participate but that my college was not mentioned on the Disneyinternationalprograms.com website. So they contacted one of my teachers about the program. She has sent an e-mail back saying it was a wonderful idea. A couple of weeks later I had my F2F interview. And now I'll depart on Jan. 31!! I was able to choose for the full year program or the 6 months.

The best thing you could do now is contacting one of your teachers or faculty advisors about this and than contact Yummy Jobs about it. They are really nice and help you arrange it from A-Z.

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Hiya! Welcome to wdwip!! Are you at a UK university? In which case, you can still apply to do the ICP in your final year.. I finish my course in July 2010 and the graduation ceremony is in Nov 2010 but I got accepted for the ICP from June 20th-Sept 3rd 2010 ;D

Give yummy jobs an email :)

5. MissMouse1990

MissMouse1990 New Member

Hi there, I am doing the J-1 programme this year staring July 20th.
    Add me on facebook if u wanna ask any questions about it

Lauren Johnsen - Northumbria Uni/Newcastle

Lotsa love xoxo :D