Help please... anyone??

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by KirstyB, Jan 5, 2010.

1. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

Hi,

My family are coming to visit me a week after I start my program, I was wondering how easy it would be to book a disney hotel within the first week? Is it likely I will be able to do it? Also, what sort of discount would I be able to get?

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

2. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

DO NOT LEAVE IT that long. Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it.
    Disney hotels fill up quickly, and if you want a cheap one, you need to book now. It's pretty easy to get on the Hub and get a hotel booked but there WILL NOT be anything left for the next week

3. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

Thanks for your help :)

Don't I need to have my ID before I can get on the hub? Is there any way of doing it before I get there :)

Thanks again for your help!

4. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

There isn't any way to do it before you get there because you'll need a username and password to get on the HUB that Disney will provide you with once you're there, as well as your id.

The best thing i can say is to book a non-disney hotel now, disney hotels are really expensive during the summer, so you might not get a great discount anyway, so you might find something cheaper outside disney.

Unless you know somebody already working there who could make a reservation for you and get the discount??

5. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

You won't be able to get on the hub straight away - I think it was about 4 days before we got our ID, and you'd be VERY lucky to be able to book a cheap hotel by then. Usually it's only the really expensive resorts that have rooms available, and even then you might not be able to book for the full holiday which would mean moving resorts.

Also, you won't have your maingate pass by then either so you won't be able to sign people into the parks :-(

6. Leloo

Leloo New Member

If you need a good hotel close to Vista Way / Commons / Chatham
    I would suggest you the Marriott Village at Lake Buena Vista ... ;)

7. catfish278

catfish278 Member

My boyfriend is coming out for the week of the 2nd - 9th september.... seen as this is after all the UK and US schools go back I figured it would be quieter and a better chance of being able to get a cheap hotel... am I right in this thinking or horribly wrong?!

8. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I got my maingate before I got my Disney ID! (So it was useless, but I did have the card.)

9. Tink**

Tink** New Member

Maingate passes- We got them the day before we got our Disney ID. This is about 2-3 days in.

As for hotel bookings- You cannot log onto the HUB before you get there.... so unfortunately you can't book a hotel with the 50% discount.... Even so, you have to book family/friend hotel stays a month in advance anyways, so it wouldn't work. Have you thought about having your family come to visit later?
    May I suggest having them come later in the month- the first 2 weeks there are so busy, the whole first week you are in orientation, training, and you have Traditions as well, and the second week is pretty full because it is your first week of shifts at work- aka more training. You won't be allowed to take any time off. So maybe they should come visit you when you can actually spend some time with them? Otherwise they probably won't be seeing much of you!

10. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Last year my maingate was posted to me at Vista, took about 3 weeks. I'm assuming this is what happened for everyone!!

Also, last year I booked my family a hotel room literally on the day we wanted to stay there so I don't think you have to book a month in advance. I certainly didn't anyway!