Help me :(

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Sofi, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Sofi

Sofi Guest

I'm finding it so hard to find a hotel to stay in after i finish the program, i'm getting a 14 day Disney pass but i have no car :(

Is there any hotels within walking distance to any of the Disney parks?

Or if not is there any hotels that are surrounded by things to visit like restaurrants so if i do get the shuttle to Disney and have to return by 10pm ::) Then there would still be things to do?

eee i was even looking into the budget disney resorts but they seem to be in the middle of nowhere ???

And does anyone know what the Champion World Resort or Comfort Inn (Lake Buena Vista) are like for location? There on the Disney website

I'll be so happy if someone could help me out lol x

2. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

Have a look on hotels.com - it lets you sort hotels closest to certain places/tourist attractions etc.
    I'm staying in a Days Inn on I-Drive for about £17 a night. Granted it's no palace, but it's clean, comfy & cheap.

Public Transport is easy - get the iRide to SeaWorld ($1.25) then the Lynx Bus (#50 if I remember rightly) straight to the Ticket & Transportation Center.
    Failing that, I'd say about 80-90% of IDrive hotels offer free park buses anyway.

3. Fayebeline

Fayebeline New Member

Heyy Sofi

If you wanted to stay in a disney hotel i would reccomend either the boardwalk or Yacht and Beach Club resort as both of these are right next door to epcot and walking distance/boat ride to Hollywood studios. I have stayed in both and they are really nice! =)
    But failing that lake beuna vista is about a 5 min drive from disney world, really not far at all and there are busses you can catch quite easily.

Hope this helps!

xxx

4. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Lake Buena Vista is your best bet, there's a road called Hotel Plaza Blvd with loads of hotels that are pretty good, and i think most of them have free transport to the Disney Parks. There's a place called Crossroads within walking distance with loads of restaurants and there are a few bars close by as well. Downtown Disney is within walking distance from most of the resorts on this road as well so there's lots to do!

I've stayed in the Doubletree Guest Suites and Best Western Lake Buena Vista which are both really good and within walking distance of loads of things and they both have transport to the parks!

5. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Well sofi - you will hopefully be able to get a nice discount on the disney hotels if you book them whilst your a cast member and (as far as I know) as long as you check in on your last day of the program you should have no problem with that... then you've got all the disney transportation to use!! The buses and monorails run until the parks shut to the disney hotels so you should have no problem if you're in the disney hotels regarding transportation. Even if you are in a non-disney hotel, just check out the ones that have shuttle buses to the parks!

6. Sofi

Sofi Guest

Thanks for your help everyone i'll look into it all and hopefully get somewhere this time :)

Do u think the discount would be worth it? Just because normal hotels are so much cheaper and i'm afraid the disney places would be booked up pretty fast, what discount do u usually get? :)

I can't believe how cheap Universal tickets are! Can't wait to goto Harry Potter world ;) lol x

7. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

The discount is 50% if you're staying in the room.

If you're not driving it is a LOT easier to stay at the Disney hotels and you can include transport to the airport at the end of your trip for free so as long as you're happy not leaving Disney property you won't pay any extra for transport. The transport system at WDW is perfectly fine to rely upon to get around so you don't have to worry about being "within walking distance" of anywhere.

If you're looking for the cheapest Disney hotels then they're the All-Star resorts (movies, music, sports) and Pop Century. All are perfectly decent with their own food courts, swimming pools, etc.

8. Sofi

Sofi Guest

ooh so do they do discount on the cheap disney hotels? that would be cool! I start on June 1st and i want mine booked for August 20th so u dont think itd all be sold out by then do u with it being August =s x

9. catfish278

catfish278 Member

The good news is that the american schools go back in mid august so actually it should be easier to get a discount on the hotels for the second half of august rather than the first half... I'll be looking for the 2nd to 9th september but hoping it wont be too busy!

10. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

You may struggle over those dates as it's Labor Day weekend 3rd - 6th Sept and prices usually go skywards.
    http://www.when-is.com/labor-day-2010.asp

11. catfish278

catfish278 Member

yeah I know... I already realised that. If I had known about this stupid labor day thing then I probably wouldn't have stayed for those dates but that's the way it goes I guess... have you been there over that weekend before?

12. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

Yes, for the same reason as you that I didn't realise it was such a major holiday.
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it was rammed in there and all restaurants/bars etc had long waits.
    On the plus side, not many people were shopping so the malls were quiet.

13. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Did it get quieter immediately after the weekend at all?

We were planning to relax and shop on that weekend instead of parks for that reason!! :D

14. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

Not really.
    If you think most Americans only get between 10-15 days Annual Leave oer year, they really make the most of their public holidays. All the restaurants on I-Drive were heaving - after 65mins waiting in Bahama Breeze we gave up and had to settle for a Subway :-[

15. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Fair enough, I guess I'll have to wait and see!!