Harry Potter Theme Park

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by kimmiedancer, Oct 26, 2009.

1. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Does anyone know how the pricing will work for Universal with the addition of the Harry Potter theme park or do we have to wait until spring 2010 to find out?

2. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

The Harry Potter part of Universal isn't going to be a seperate theme park, it's just going to be an additional land in Island of Adventure with themed shops, rides and restaurants so it'll be included in the normal park admission which is around $70-$80 a day i think.

3. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Ticket prices for Islands of Adventure (where the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is situated) for 2010 will probably go up by $20 or more, making tickets approximately $90-100 for one day one park admission. 2 park unlimited tickets (ie. a week's use) are currently $100 when bought before and $125 on the gate as far as I remember, so expect those to go up by about $20 too: it's best to buy tickets now before they go up to Harry Potter prices.

It's actually really annoying, because they're just building the castle and Hogsmeade and just rebadging the Flying Unicorn and Duelling Dragons :(

4. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

But if you buy say a years pass for Universal, would that include the Harry Potter park when it opens do you think? Cos if the prices are going up they may not think it's valid?
    With the years pass- is that from when you buy it? Or from Jan to Jan? Lame if it's from Jan to Jan...

5. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

I would imagine the annual pass will include the Harry Potter part of the park, the prices increase every year in all the parks anyway and it doesn't affect passholders.

It's valid for 12 months from whenever you buy it, not from Jan to Jan.

6. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

oh awesomeness
    I want to get an annual pass.

7. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

..oh and is the cheapest way to get the annual passes online at the official website or is there partner places that have discounts on the annual passes?