Harry Potter Book 6 date!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tiggercharlotte, Dec 21, 2004.

1. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

For anyone who loves the series as much as I do- the Bloomsbury (UK) publishers have set a date of midnight Saturday 16th July for Book 6 (Half Blood Prince) to be released! Hurray! ;D
    Charlotte x

2. Tinks

Tinks New Member

;D YEY!! ;D

I love Harry Potter!!

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yay :) thanks 4 that charlotte!

ill b in florida then and a week after my 21st ooo well if i get money 4 my birthday i shall buy it ;)

xxx

4. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Yay!!!!!

Cant wait for the book - i love harry potter!!!

I'll be in the US but Ill def be buying it!!!! Dont they release them simultaneously round the world? I think thats what they did last time! So hopefully that means itll be out at 7pm Orlando time - the equivalent of midnight uk time!

If Im not working Ill be first in line!!!

5. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

wahoo...maybe I can get it as a graduation present!? :D .....signed by all the cast and JK Rowling! :D

wahoo! bring it on!!

Ellen x

6. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Yeah! Can't believe its coming out that soon. The next movie is due out in Nov next year (19th to be precise) and the book coming out in july is great

7. tiggercharlotte

Me too Ellen. Now that would be a grad present and a half!!! And Michelle- they're realeasing it simultaneously in the US and UK so you should be able to get it at the same time ;D
    Yay! :D
    Charlotte x

8. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

AHHHH, you guys just made my day with that annoucement!!! eek!!! that's soo exciting!
    -liz

9. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

I have only read 2 and a half of them :-X, but i did read that the author is finding it hard to type to finish the new book cos her belly is getting in the way. (cos she's having a baby, not cos she ate too much!)

Actually does anyone know if that's true? i just looked to see if it was and can't find it anywhere now! Am i making it up? ???

8)

10. Tinks

Tinks New Member

No she is pregnant, your not making it up! ;D I'm not sure when its due though.

11. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

I was just watching E News Live and they said that it has been confirmed another character will die

And the new book is aleady at the Number 1 postion on Amazon.co.uk book chart

8)

12. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Apparently it's one of the 3!! :eek: Why!?!?! :'(

13. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys!!!

How have u all been?
    Wow that great another book to read.
    Wow it is amazing how much imagination some people have got.

Hey I was just wondering is it true that Daniel Radcliffe declined the offert of making the 4th movie?
    I just got a rumour the other day.

Well hope u are all fine

Thanks a lot
    See ya
    Robb ;D

14. tiggercharlotte

Really Ellen! :'( No no no! Ron or Hermione can't die! (Obviously it can't be Harry in book 6!) I'd only heard that another person dies- which I took to be another 'main' character. I think if that's the case my money might be on McGonagall. :(

Robb- since filming for 4 is well under way, and I'm fairly sure Daniel Radcliffe is in that one, I'd say that's a rumour. Dunno about 5 though!

Charlotte x

15. DisneyMichelle

Daniel Radcliffe is definitely in the fourth film!!! Like Charlotte says theyre well into filming it!! Plus stills have been released with Daniel in them!!!!

JK cant kill off Ron or Hermione!!!! Surely they wont!?? Like charlotte said i figured it'd be a 'main' character like in book 5!?!?

Who knows!!!! Guess we'll find out in July!!! Cant wait!!!

Michelle xx

16. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

2 years ago JK said that in the last book one of the friends would be killed off. She had already written the last bit of the book and it is locked up somewhere very safe. Can't remember which interview it was but I think it was out around the time the movie came out.

17. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

YAY for more HP fans!! I can't wait for the book to come out, but i am a little picky about buying it in the US. See i've read that the american version changes certain words from the UK spelling/meaning such as jumper>sweater and as in book 1 philosophers stone>sorcerers stone. So instead of buying it my girls said they'd send it out to me so i can have the proper version. Just hope someone will let me read theirs before i get mine cuz it'll take awhile, or that there's a library that has it available (right like that would happen!)

18. DisneyMichelle

I thought that exact same thing about having the 'US English' version of Harry!! Alll the spellings and words would be changed!

Once I have my address at the Commons I might order it from UK Amazon. Do you think the UK Amazon would post out to the US!?!?

Im gonna have to go find out now!!!

Michelle xx

19. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I'm sure they will if you pay for the postage!

I heard that they changed Philosopher to Sorcerer cos the publishers didn't think Americans would understand what the former meant!  ::) :D

Ellen xxx

20. DisneyMichelle

Apparently they will deliver to the Us if, like you said Ellen, I pay for the postage!!!

I dont want a 'dumbed-down' US version of the book!!!! Will def have to get a UK version shipped over to me!!