Hair stuff

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by yay-disney, Feb 1, 2010.

1. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Ok so i went to florida in march and took a hairdryer and GHD straighteners and they both didn't work because they run things on less power then us or something. Did anyone else have this problem because i get a crazy afro if i cant tame it lol. Did anyone have to buy straighteners out there.

2. merfsko

merfsko New Member

I notice that you are from the UK-
    I know that when I travelled in Europe last year, I simply bought adaptors and an energy convertor.
    I'm Canadian, but CAN and the US have the same electronic systems.
    I would assume that it can work the other away around as well. I would suggest checking travel shops to see if they have anything.

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Or you can buy straighteners in Walmart - they aren't too expensive :)
    xx

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

The newer GHDs have a dual voltage meaning they also work just as well in the US - see if any of your friends have them and then temporarily swap for the ICP? :p And I think I bought a hair dryer for pretty cheap in Walmart :)

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

My roommate was from England and her hairdryer wouldn't work. She just used mine.

6. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

My hair dryer and straighteners both worked fine with the adapters..
    Just don't all your roomies dry their hair at the same time as we blew a fuse at Vista.. Woops!

7. Sofi

Sofi Guest

if i were you i'd just buy one when u get there or see if you can work something out with ur flatmate and pay halfs each? =] x

continuing the hair discussion lol

Do Disney let you wear hair extensions? say if they're glued in, look natural, not too long and same colour? lol just cos i cut all my hair off and its too short! =[ ha x