hair/skin care

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by kimmiedancer, Oct 14, 2009.

1. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Just wondering how people look after their skin/hair whilst there?
    Do you use products to stop your hair drying out and your skin from getting dry? Or is it not that bad?

2. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

It wasn't bad at all. I worked outside, so I carried sunscreen everywhere, but I just used my normal shampoo and stuff.

3. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

oh ok cool!
    I thought maybe with high sun exposure and humidity it might make your hair frizzy and stuff

4. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I think that depends on your hair!
    I was fortunate in that although my hair goes frizzy (in the rain mainly, but also in humidity), I also had to wear a bonnet as part of my costume - the only good thing about it! Hid bad hair days wonderfully! :)
    xx

5. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

haha that's awesome :p

Well, my hair is naturally a bit frizzy and annoying, and I usually plaster it down with a little bit of hair gel stuff[on the top of my head], which hardens..
    I read somewhere about that melting? Would that be the case for hair gel that hardens, or only boys hair gel...?

6. Tink**

Tink** New Member

honestly, I found the humidity did wonders for my hair and skin. All the moisture definitely is good for it. Just remember you are probably going to be in the pool lots, and with all the chlorine it will dry your hair and skin out... just remember to wash your hair after and moisturize your skin! haha
    as for hair gel melting, I am pretty sure you don't have to worry about that. The heat doesn't make it melt .... unless you are using ridiculous amounts of it.

7. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

that's good to know
    I hope the water is nicer in Fl than in Las Vegas though. That stuff is awful

8. Loz

Loz New Member

Hey Kimmie,
    I have bad frizz too. Have you tried putting a small bit of conditioner back into your hair after you rinse it out? I currently live in a hot, humid climate pretty similar to Orlando and it works wonders for me. Just let your hair dry with it in and it should help.
    PS-Wear sunscreen, very important!!

9. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Is leaving the conditioner on ok for your hair? It doesn't make it greasy?

haha yup I'll def being using sunscreen!!

10. beccac123

beccac123 New Member

Hey Kimmie,

You can also buy that sun spray & also pool spray to spray in your hair after being in the pool or out in the sun. It's just like a conditioning spray that is designed for holidays. I'm pretty sure walmart will be full of it!

I have long dyed hair and it turns into a bit of an afro in the sun! Also because i use GHD's daily it's fairly abused. I will probs just go 'au naturale' a lot of the time whilst in the states... much easier than battling with the aftermath of frizz on straightend hair!

11. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

haha fair enough - I will have a look at what's avaliable though. Thanks! :)