Graduate Programme

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Gibsoon, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Gibsoon

Gibsoon New Member

Not sure if I would know anyone on here as everyone seems to use dodgy names. But i'm Andrew, was an ICP 07/08 living at treehouses (RIP) then vista. Worked in MK strollers then RnR operations, if you know me, give a shout out! Anyway... pretty sure there's about 5 of us who are wanting to do the Graduate Programme in October til April, is there anyone else thinkin of doin this/goin back? And do you know if there's a way that you can get a role that's maybe a bit above the lowly status of a CP? I figured seeings how we'd been there for a year an will (hoepfully haha) have degrees by then maybe you could get co-ordinator or something?

2. Hey Andrew, I'm Louise :)

I am hoping to do the graduate as well after my icp this summer just gone. When I sent in my CV Chloe was adament that we could only get the lower positions but I think we will get a chance to at least become trainer as you only need to have been there for 3 months to do that.

3. Rebekah

Rebekah New Member

Hi Andrew!

I also did the ICP from 07/08 and have applied for the graduate program in October. As for the better job question, like Louise said the lower positions are reserved for us unfortunately. I wanted to do one of the management internships but cant cos Im not American :mad: Although when I was on the ICP one one my friends became a coordinator after about 6 months purely thru hard work and the effort he put in, but this is not a common thing and he wasnt liked very much by his coworkers after this. :(

Rebecca

4. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

you wont be able to move up the ladder unfortunatly!!!

5. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

other than the CRP, the icp and the graduate program, is there nothing else you can do at Disney without moving there and getting a permanent job?

6. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

'fraid not as far as i know.

With the graduate programme, is it a smaller intake than that of ICP? and also if you have been working at another theme ark or something else in america will that help with your application? I am looking at 2010 graduate program and seeing as i didnt get into disney this time i am looking at going to do another job.

If you do really really really well ont he graduate programme, do you think they would hire you permanently?

7. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Hi Andrew!

My names John, and I was an ICP 07/08..Living at treehouses (RIP :p) and Vista Way!

There was a girl when we were there that became a co-ordinator whilst on the graduate program..She did Food and Beverage though..We have to start in the bottom because were CP's, so therefore, we have to work hard and get promoted, which would probably be hard, in the time that we've got there..

Does anyone know when the interview dates are for the October graduate program?

8. i'm not certain when they will be. I got an e-mail the other day from someone caled Ilse from YJ saying they won't be until July but that seems to be a bit close to leaving to me so I don't know. I want to know when the phone interviews are. Has anyone had any information about them? I'm getting frustrated with waiting for them to get back to me with information.

9. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I wonder what the situation will be..If I go back this time, it will be the third time that i've done the program..Surely because I've already had 2 interviews before, they can just look at my Disney record and decide from that whether or not I should get in..

Hope the interviews aren't in July..Thats leaving it well late..

I was also thinking, that we won't know what our results are before the interview..So how will they know if we've graduated?

10. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

I did the July graduate program and had the interviews in march. I hadnt graduated until 2 days before my leaving date. at no point did they ask for proof of graduating!

11. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Sweet, im startin to worry about whether ill actually get the job..Apparently there turning loads of people down!

12. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

really? do you think its down to the current climate?

13. has anyone else just been told by hannah that they can't apply because of their degree?

14. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

because of your degree? thats odd!

15. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

No..But I do business studies..What do you do?

There's a list of things you have to do to be able to go...

16. I do sociology with a focus on media studies and media is on their list of subjects. Chloe told me i was eligible to apply though hannah says otherwise.

17. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Say to Hannah then, that your Degree is called Media Studies with Sociology..Or the other way round..

Then say media is on the list, so why cant you do it?

I reacon they'll be desperate for people for the grad program..

If not, have you got the email of one of your managers? You used to do the same job as me didn't you? Was Raymar supervisor when you were there?

18. what job did you do? i was custodial.

i emailed hannah this morning as soon as i got the e-mail saying that i have been told that i could apply and re-sent her my cv. i'm annoyed though she made her decision before she saw my cv as i had already been told yday that the one i had submitted on the website wasn't working and it is in my cv that it explains about my module choices and the focus on media.

i might e-mail one of my managers, josh, he is my reference anyway but will leave it until i know for sure what the hell is happening.

19. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Ah rite, I was gettin you mixed up with someone else, sorry! :)

Just ask her why you cant apply, when your degree is in Media and its on the list..Im sure they'll come around eventually...

20. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

How do you find out the list? I am starting to worry that my degree in Drama won't be on there even though we have been told we can do most things with the degree.

I am glad its getting sorted Louise. YJ have mucked you about a bit.