Glasses?????

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by katiej22, Dec 23, 2008.

1. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hey guys
    So, as I'm doing QS F&B, I'm assuming at some point I will have to look at a computer screen.
    This I will be unable to see unless I wear the dreaded glasses! My current ones are red - fairly plain red, but still red!
    Would they be OK do you reckon??

Also, cos of the strength of the perscription and the fact I don't need them to see distance, I can't wear contacts!!

What do you think???

xx

2. vik

vik New Member

WELL
    last year i was in a bit of a pickle because i too wear glasses,(i am completely blind without them!) tho i also wear contacts. However at disney obviously you have a lot of long obsure hours and suffice to say, i knew i would have to get my specs out at one point. PROBLEM i wear frames that are black around the eye, then yellow with a wiggly pattern on the sides - not subtle at all! so i went to tesco and got myself some new frames for about £40, which may have seemed a little elaborate but its nice to have some "serious" glasses!

in a few weeks you'll receive your disney look book which will tell you the requirements, something along the lines of they must be "black, silver, plain etc with no logos", but i think basically what they mean is that they should be plain and not stand out too much. as they're red i dont know if they're too bright so maybe it might be worth getting yourself a pair of cheap tesco ones, but it really depends on you managers and hey you never know, they might complement your costume if you end up wearing red!

the irony of my story is that i worked backstage in costuming and il bet they never would have given a monkeys about my specs, but at least i knew i was disney look ;D

wow what a rant i have um ranted. so to sum up, if you think theyre too bright, get some cheap ones. if not, dont worry, its not very likely that you'll be told off for your glasses what you canne see without!

x

3. I just bought a cheap pair of black frames which I wear now.

4. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Okay cool, thanks guys!!

I think I've seen yours Lou (assuming you were the girl talking to Andy after the carol service), so I'll probably get a set similar to that - don't want to risk being done for glasses when it can easily be avoided!!
    xx

5. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

You can get glases for free from ye olde NHS. Free!

6. You have indeed seen mine katie, I was also the one getting told off for throwing the rubix cube at andy and taking photographs of those falling over, during the game of twister.

7. Emma Piggott

Emma Piggott New Member

Glasses direct is cheapest place to go guys, just get em in advance.
    Can get them from twenty quid, thoough not sure what colours. If all else fails....black nail varnish?
    x:)

8. j.fritschij

j.fritschij New Member

I will try to start wearing contacts again. Hope my eyes will survive with all those AC's.