General Tips for the interviews

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Karli Castrejon, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Karli Castrejon

Karli Castrejon New Member

Hi guys!!

I´m Karla from Mexico!

I want to know if you guys can share some tips for the final interview.

I send an email to kevin (youtube vlogger) and he shared with me some that I wanna share with you now and I´m gonna kind of mix his with some of my own advices.

1. show yourself self-confident "The interview is not THAT scary, they only want to know you personally. So try to be outgoing and smile. Let your love for Disney get out!! Don´t forget they are trying to find people who can work on stage and interact with thousands of guests.

2. I wanna repeat the word.. SMILE..

3. Make sure you pay attention to the presentation and try to read the info able at the official web page disneyinternationalprograms.com.. In this website http://disneyinternationalepresentation.com/summer/ you can find the video presentations in advance. You should show that you are really interested in participating.

4. Try to fit with the Disney Look at the moment of the interview.

5. I heared that sometimes they ask you tricky questions about a specifi situation you may deal when you work as a cast members How would you deal, by example, with a kid that hasn´t the height required for an attraction??
    Remember.. Disney gives you the "power" to deal with this kind of things BY YOURSELF so, you shouldn´t call anybody else to solve things for you.

6. Show yourself enthusiastic and always positive.

7. Be yourself!!

Which are your tips for the next generations guys??

2. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Speaking as someone who was unsuccessful this year, I would say to make sure you focus more on why you would work well at Disney. I talked so much about my love of the Company and Walt that I sort of left out most of my work experience!

Also, at this year's UK interviews they didn't ask any "situation" questions so I'm not sure if they' perhaps changed this aspect of the interview now ???

3. catfish278

catfish278 Member

And if you are applying to go back a second time, you need to be prepared for a grilling as to why you deserve to go back, especially if you want to do a different role!

4. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

I noticed that too - I'd prepared answers for that type of question so was a bit flummoxed when they weren't asked.

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yes, you need to have a good answer as to why you wish to go and work for Disney. Be relaxed and do not try to make the interview more complex for yourself than what is really is. It is a very relaxing and enjoyable experience, the interview gives them a chance to see what you would be like a Disney Cast Member, so be positive and as kev says SMILE!