**Future CPs/ICPs read this!!!!**

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by kimmiedancer, May 8, 2011.

1. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Hey everyone!

I am from New Zealand but this still applies to CPs. I am finishing my year programme here in Florida in July. I have had so many positive and negative experiences. ...but I can tell you the positives WAY outweight the negatives.

You have to be open to trying new things and having new experiences. You have to accept you aren't going for the pay (though the perks are pretty awesome - esp at christmas- and make up for it). You have to perservere. You have to have the willpower for some long days and ealry/late shifts. Be prepared for weird questions and being expected to know everything. You don't need to know it all - you just learn what to do in each circumstance! You keep guides on you. You stay close with your leaders.

I was scared. I han't worked more than a 6hour shift before.
    But I can tell you now that I can work a 12 hour shift now no problem.
    I was pretty shy.
    I can tell you can now talk to anyone!
    I lived in a cold place and was not good with heat.
    Now I have adapted and am afraid of going back to the cold!
    I was pretty normal and kept to myself in NZ.
    Here I am like a tourist attraction! Everyone loves that I am from a different place and I have great conversations about it every day!
    You feel special

I can say that I in no way regret my decision to come here. It has been life changing. I love the people here.
    Please, you live once. If you are for it, if you have the will power, accept the challenge! There are so many things to see and do here. You will love it and you won't look back!

I am not even Disney'ed out!

Peace, love mickey!!!

Kimmie

p.s : ...feel free to check out my blog to see more of what my experience has been like.

2. katie217

katie217 New Member

i LOVE this post!! I head to florida in 1 month and im getting pretty nervous! i love reading positive experiences that people are having! AHH makes me so much more excited to go down!!!!

3. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Thanks!

I just wanted to give all ya'll a heads up!

If you have any questions I am happy to answer! Fire ahead ;)

xx

4. MJ

MJ New Member

woww kimmie you had a great experience!!
    i hope i can feel like you feel in the future..
    but now i have to be patient & keep praying for the best..
    yeahh i'd love to check your blog~~ ^^

5. Princess

Princess New Member

Thank u kimmie, great post! :D
    I hope i get to have the chance to experience working at disney, i´m now waiting for the results of my phone interview :S It only lasted 5 minutes, i´m not sure that´s a good thing, but i really felt like i was talking too much, and when the interview was over i realize it has only been 5 minutes!!!
    Hopefully next week i'll now if those 5 min were enough to get me to the face 2 face interview :D

6. CarlaTink

CarlaTink New Member

Thanks for sharing Kimmie. I love to read things like this. This makes me even more excited and even more sure that this is what is right for me and what I am meant to do. :)

7. jhurtado90

jhurtado90 New Member

Woah thanks, nice post!!! Sounds like you had a great time and learned a lot from the tough ones... By the way, what kind of perks do they give away???

Keep sharing the magic :)

8. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Uhm, free park entry, christmas discounts (which rock!), park entry for other people, free waterparks at certain times, free disneyquest, backstage tours, merch and food discounts...get to see things guests wouldn't!

Lots!!!

9. jhurtado90

jhurtado90 New Member

Woah Nice!!!! Can't wait!!!

10. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

I'm going to say working for Disney is like working for any other holiday park. The money isnt the best, but the people and what you get in return is so much more! Plus you know disney have added bonuses, and not all holiday parks do xD

I'm applying again as soon as they open again. But I can honestly say, I used to be just like you till I worked for the park I do currently! its all changed now and I feel so ready for Disney its painful to think back that I didnt get in first time round

11. Missish

Missish New Member

I really hope you get through this time! I was honestly surprised that you didn't - from all your posts on here, you seem to be just as 'Disney' as any of us who have got through to the F2F (maybe even more so in the case of some people!)! I'll be crossing my fingers for you!