Friends and Family and hotels!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by pinksparkles2, Jan 8, 2010.

1. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Sooo my boyfriend and my family are both coming over (separately) and want to make use of the hotel discount buut, I have a few questions for people that have experience with this..
    Is it right that I can't actually book it for them until I'm there to get the discount? Or do they book it now and then get some kind of refund when I check them in?!
    And, am I allowed to use the discount more than once, so I can use it for my boyfriend and for my family at separate times?
    Ooh and also, someone said that you can only get 3 people in to the park free. Is that right?
    Sorry a lot of questions, thank yoou!
    xxx

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

OK - you can't book it until you arrive and can access the Hub - if you would prefer to book it now you can, but there is no refund!
    You can use the discount more than once, you'll just need your ID each time.
    You can only get 3 people into the park free each time, for a miximum of 6 days. People can't transfer to another day - so you couldn't get in 6 one day using up 2 days worth. Also, any left over (if you only get in one person on that occasion) don't transfer over for furture use. It can only be used on 6 days, and only 3 people on each of those days!

Hope that clears it up :)
    xx

3. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Yes that really helped :) Thank you!
    Now my mums worrying that she has to wait until I get there and there won't be anywhere nice left, but I'm sure thats not really an issue?!
    And I have to decide who to give the 3 free tickets too! Ahhh!
    xxx

4. gevernon

gevernon New Member

Same with my parents really Harriet, they are coming on 12th July and I dont get there til 20th June, so there may not be any left by the time I get on the Hub, but Villas and other hotels can go pretty cheap last minute if we cant get anything, sop tell your mum not to worry! lol. Have u booked their flight? x

5. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Yeah, I go out on June 1st but they don't come out until about July 19th, so hopefully that should be okay! Well, for one bedroom for one week I'm sure there will be SOMEWHERE in those dozens of hotels Disney have!
    Yeah I've booked my flight with Virgin :) What about you?
    And also, anyone have any experience of the actual discount? Because I've heard its UP TO 60%. What does that mean? That it could be around like 20% or is usually likely to be about 60%?!
    xxx

6. gevernon

gevernon New Member

Ive booked my parents with Thomsons from East Midlands which is only about 10 mins from my house! Got them quite a bargain really! Thnk it was £470 each direct including baggage and meals! Im hoping I can get them a discount...I dont even know how much the hotels are at full price though do u? x

7. catfish278

catfish278 Member

8. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I got it at 60% once, early August. You can expect around 30 normally I'd say.

9. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

This past summer it was always a minimum of 50% and even 60% plus free disney dining plan in late august.

The main gate pass is how Katie said with the 3 people on 6 occassions (just remember its you and 3 people so u have to be there to let them in).

The pass also allows free parking, and if you're planning on staying on in Florida or heading over to LA you can use the pass in Disneyland and for up to 2 weeks after.

It also works as a hopper in Disneyland, CA, so you can do California Adventure and Disneyland on the 1 day...i highly recommend this if you're going over...and it gets you free parking there as well!

xxx

10. catfish278

catfish278 Member

To get free parking, do you just show the main gate pass at the booth where you pay the parking fee? This is cheeky but is there a way of getting free parking but having park tickets because my parents are coming out for 2 weeks in the middle of the ICP but buying thier own park tickets as my boyfriend is coming out at the end of the ICP and i'm using the 6 admissions for him!! Clear as mud?? Basically, can my parents use the main gate pass to get free parking but not invalidate it for getting into the parks?

11. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I would assume if you can use it for free parking it wouldn't invalidate it for the parks - I doubt they'd scan it!
    If you have your ID with you at the time though, that does for free parking! :)
    (And for taxi drivers, even when it's expired lol!)
    xx

12. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Hmmm might have to do an experiment once they arrive LOL... the parking for disney is such a rip off!! $12 a day!

13. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

oooh can we use our maingate in California?! I was thinking of trying to go there for a couple of days. My mission is to ride every Tower of Terror :-D

14. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

Ah Charlotte the ToT there is quite different but very cool...got an interesting mirror scene!!!

And yes you can use the parking without it using a day! But you have to be at the car at the time it goes through the parking gate and in Florida you literally just show your white ID and/or your blue maingate and they don't scan it.

In california at the end I obviously didn't have my white Id any more but they just used my maingate and drivers license, they do scan it there but it doesn't affect the days in any way!

Charlotte I'm going to La at the end, come with!!

xx

15. catfish278

catfish278 Member

thats wicked, will save my parents a few quid anyway!! ;D

16. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Especially as parking is now $14 a day!
    xx

17. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

If they're staying on property, I'm pretty sure parking is free.

18. catfish278

catfish278 Member

No such luck, there is 5 of them so for 2 weeks its too expensive... they are staying in a villa ;D