Free return flight?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by kimmiedancer, Oct 28, 2009.

1. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

ok so quoting char:
    "is it true that you only need to pay for a single? Someone told me you dont have to buy return, since disney pays your return back home.. but hey.. could just be a rumour on the old grapevine. "

I didn't know so I thoguht I'd pass it on and see if anyone knows? What's the deal with flights and does disney pay for return?? That seems far too generous to be true....

2. vanessao

vanessao New Member

at the F2F they ask if you will be booking your own flight or if they will be doing it for you. if u book it yourself as soon as you complete ur contract they will give you the amount you paid for your ticket (i'm assuming you give them a receipt when you arrive) on your final pay check. if you want them to book it they will and then they will take the money out of your first few paychecks and then the same thing goes, as long as you complete your contract they will give you the money back on your final check. if your close enough to drive you just let them know that that is what you will be doing and they will look up plane ticket prices from the nearest airport to you and will keep note of it cuz that would be the price you get back in the end.... hope that helps

3. vanessao

vanessao New Member

BUT that is for the CRP...although I think it would be the same for either program I just have no clue :-\

4. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

ok thanks for that
    anyone from the ICP know if it's the same?

5. j.fritschij

j.fritschij New Member

Hey Kimmie, I haven't had that question on my F2F. So that's probably because I'm a ICP-er.

6. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Certainly for the summer program they don't do that!
    Whether or not they would for a year ICP I don't know!
    xx

7. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Hi Jason
    Yeah I didn't get that at mine either, but they just said to not buy airfares before they email you about it.
    But I doubt they'd pay for an airfare to NZ!

8. j.fritschij

j.fritschij New Member

I don't think that either. Well, could be nice though flying business class on the company's costs!

9. vanessao

vanessao New Member

sorry! i replyed with the answer for me then i realized my answer was for the icp.. oops

10. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Wait
    so you think it does apply to ICP?
    Maybe its just for close places like canada?

11. vanessao

vanessao New Member

honestly? i dont think it does, it would be amazing for you if that was the way it worked but ur only there for 3 months right? so i dont see them doing it unfortunately :(

12. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

No, there for a year

13. vanessao

vanessao New Member

icp is there for a year?

14. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

yeah the J1 academic programme :)

15. vanessao

vanessao New Member

oh well in that case you should definitely email ur rep and ask them because they might do it for all year long programs, you never know and it doesnt hurt to ask

16. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

I shall def check it out :)
    ty

17. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I'm pretty sure its only for CRPs, the free return flight, but the J1 doesn't really exist in Canada so I'm not sure. Either way, you have to be in good standing to apply for it!

18. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

and what are the requirements for being some one of good standing? :p

19. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

no reprimands!
    no lates, no absences, no stealing, no getting in trouble at housing, etc.

20. Sofi

Sofi Guest

how do we know when to book the flight back tho, surely we would get the best deals if we did it now, but i spose we dont know if were going yet tho hmm ^_^