flight ticket

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by vanoucanada, Jun 25, 2005.

1. vanoucanada

vanoucanada New Member

need some info !
    i<m leaving sept 6
    need to know, when do i have tp book my ticket
    walt disney paying our ticket , to come back

thank you
    vanessa xxx

2. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

If things are the same as when I went, you buy your ticket (any time you see a sale, go for it), and then at the end of your contract WDW reimburses you. If you get terminated or quit before your contract is up, you don't get reimbursed.

3. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Yep...you book your own and when you get down there you have to show them the receipt and they'll give you a paper that tells you how much you'll get back when you finish your contract. The amount is whatever you paid for your ticket...as long as you only booked a one-way. If you book a roundtrip, you only get half the amount back at the end of your contract. If you drive down instead of flying...Disney will call their own travel people and find out how much a one way ticket from your airport to orlando would be on your arrival date. You usually end up getting back waaay more than you spent to drive down, so it's a great deal.

I wouldn't book your ticket too far out, just in case something happens and you end up being delayed. Cast-a-way must have given your some guidelines about booking your flight?? I'd check to see how far out they suggest...I probably wouldn't do more than a month out. Don't get too cheap a deal. It's always nice to get a big fat check at the end of your contract...it's like a mini-savings plan...provided you don't plan on getting termed!!!

Shan

4. cheerAli@Disney!

cheerAli@Disney! New Member

Hey Vanessa! Long time no see or talk! Are you going to be in downtown montreal on Canada day? I will be meeting up with some friends, maybe we can meet up and go for some free cake at the old port :D ;)
    But anyways to answer your question, I remember Eric saying not to book your plane ticket until you get your package and/or your visa in the mail. That way if there are any problems you won't be stuck with a non-refundable plane ticket.
    hope this helps,
    ali

5. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

is it juscanada that does that or is it the same for the uk? ;D

6. lorena98

lorena98 New Member

I'm surprise to read that Disney reimburse your flight ticket. I'll be in orlando in july, and I come from france but the recruitying agencie told me that the flight ticket won't be reimbursed. But, at the end of the contract, Disney pay two week of salary for that cast members can pay the return for them countries. Maybe the things have recently moved? ???

7. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

If you are France F&B, it's different because you are not a Disney employee...you are just a participant hired by a company that Disney hires to run the restaurant.

The UK is the same that you get the money back, but, it's different because Disney books your flight for you and you either pay them when you arrive, or they will take money off your check each week.

Shan

8. vanoucanada

vanoucanada New Member

hey ali, sorry if i didnt reply before...
    had a problem with my computer..
    anyway, ill talk to u soon, and yes, even if it's not canada day, we are going out for sure !!!
    talk to u later
    i'll try to call u and give u my new cell number
    bye bye vaness xxx

9. starzcrazie

starzcrazie New Member

really??? is that how it is??
    i know that Disney will reimburse one-way...(as i was told on the telephone conversation with my Int'l Recruiter) but last time when i talked to her, She told me not to worry about the plan ticket since they will arrange that for us! so i was gettin bit confused about this... whether i should book mine or just leave it... anyone kno about this??

10. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Canadians are the only ones that have to book themselves. I believe they book everyone else's for them. They'll tell you if you have to.

Shan

11. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

Hey Guys!!!

Why dont they book for Canadians? Its kinda weird they do it for the other countries. And its weird that Canadians dont get there packages till a month or so before they leave.

Jordana

12. vanoucanada

vanoucanada New Member

i didn't receive my package yet and im leaving on sept 6
    i think it's going to be short if we received it , a month befrore we go to WDW

13. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

I leave Sept 13th and I still havnt recieved it either. People in like the UK and stuff got there like months ago.

I need to book my flight to, but we have to wait till the package comes :mad:

14. vanoucanada

vanoucanada New Member

i know, it 's tooo long :mad:

15. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

I don't leave until December 6th, but i'm already dying to book my flight....As for not getting our packages until a month before, we gotta wonder why it takes so long.. ??? ???

16. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

Yea I agree...Mel where are you from? I read somwhere that you were at the Toronto interviews? Is that true. I was there to.

well good luck.. I will see you when you arrive in Dec, wow that seems far away

17. starzcrazie

starzcrazie New Member

i still havent got my package yet.. but soon i believe!!! im leavin on Sept6!! and wont get my visa documents til early Aug, this is crazy indeed!!!!

i think thye're not bookin the flight tickets for the Canadian becos some of them may wanted to drive down to FL instead of getting on a plane??? ::)

18. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

I'm sure the driving part might have something to do with it. I dunno why you get the package so late. I think I got mine more than a month out. I'd expect it anyday now I think. You could probably start to keep your eyes open for flights. 6 weeks out is probably fine.

Shan

19. vanoucanada

vanoucanada New Member

flight ticket from montreal to fl is not taht expensive, it' like 280 $
    like u i didnt receive my package and im starting to freack out.
    i send a email to eric and he told me i should get it soon... soon is becoming very long for me !!! loll

20. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

The IP definitely makes you an expert in waiting. You seem to wait for things for months, then your arrival date comes and you blink and it's time to go home.

Remember...you may not want to book the cheapest ticket because when you are booking your trip home it might not be as cheap and you'll want to spend your money on other things rather than an expensive plane ticket! I think I paid about $400 from Toronto which was great.

Shan