First post - a few questions...

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by gldc, Jan 16, 2010.

1. gldc

gldc New Member

Hi everyone, I have been looking at the ICP summer program for about 6 months now and I really want to do it but i have a few quick questions, which I hope some of you can help me out with.

1. I am currently 17 and want to do the program in Summer 2011 (June-August)...I need to apply by this September I guess, but I will only be 17 then too and my birthday is in mid-December which means I would be 18 1/2 by the time summer 2011 rolls around. Would I be considered? I guess by the time the F2F interview comes round I would be 18 (if it is in Dec/Jan) but not at the start of the process?

2. When I apply, I won't have any university place yet... but by March 2011 I will, does this mean I wont be considered? I really wanted to do this between year 13 and the 1st year of university.

3. Is any previous work experience required?

4. Are there any F2F interviews in London?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

You have to be enrolled at University to be considered - you have to get forms filled in by your university before your interview. You'll have to wait until 2012 I'm afraid - even if you get a place at university, that doesn't necessarily mean your going to go. Sorry!

3. Sofi

Sofi Guest

u dont need experience but it helps and there are f2fs in london, however i think u do need to be at uni x

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

The best bet is to send yummy jobs an email and see what they say but unfortunately I think you do have to already be enrolled at a University to qualify for the program. :)