Fetish Photographer as Reference??

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Aisling, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Aisling

Aisling New Member

One of my references is my college lecturer, and I'm not sure I should be honest about his job title. He's a fetish photographer, and I just thought that sounds a bit iffy to be putting on a job application for Disney?.. Should I put his actual job title which is 'Fetish Photographer' or maybe just put 'Photographer' and risk them asking me in interview what type of photographer he is.
    I'm not easily embarrassed talking about sex, but I get really nervous in interviews and know if they asked me any questions about his job, I'd be bright red in a flash... And he's semi-famous, so there's no way I could say 'He's a landscape photographer' or whatever, because if they googled his name, they'd get 100s of pictures of naked women popping up on the screen... Eeek!

2. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

If he's your college lecturer, surely that's a job as well? If he knows you through college, put him down as your lecturer. If you know him because you model for him, then that should be in your work experience too.

3. theshox

theshox New Member

I aggree with Vikki, put his job title as "teacher / photograph", and if they ask more about him (which i hardly doubt they will) you just tell them the truth ;) No shame in being a fetish photograph

4. GXB977

GXB977 New Member

Agreed with the other two. I don't know why you would really specify him as a Fetish Photographer over a Lecturer anyway? Disney aren't looking for people who know the ins and outs of fetish photography. They want your references to prove that you are hard-working, professional in a work environment etc. A lecturer is the ideal person to give this kind of reference. I get that we are talking about the same guy, but when he is a lecturer it would only harm you to put 'fetish photographer' instead because the stereotypes attached to that kind of thing are the opposite to what Disney is looking for. As the others said, if they do ask I also wouldn't put too much emphasis on it. You could if you REALLY wanted to mention it say 'Awhh he's dabbled in all sorts from fashion and landscape, to fetish and portraits.' Odds are he probably has!
    Hope this helps

5. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Random question... as i'm rather interested in Photography... who is he? You say he's famous after all! Feel free to PM me if you don't want to out him on the forums.

To stay slightly more on topic - Disney very very rarely actually check references. They don't even have any for me!

6. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

dont worry about it, they dont check references,at all!!!!!! its too time consuming and they judge you based upon your perfomance at the interview, your CV/cover later etc ----- asking for references is just a standard part of the application process.

however, there is no need to mention anything about the subject of his photography, you should mention the professional relationship you had while he was your lecturer at college and leave it at that