F2F Interview

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by michelle.e., Aug 22, 2009.

1. michelle.e.

michelle.e. New Member

Has anyone been accept for the F2F for the summer of 2010?? Can anyone whos already done it tell us what is to be expected? Thanks! :)

2. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

I did it in 2008, its a presentation about the program and then a group interview (2 applicants at a time with one interviewer). It wasnt bad at all, they asked pretty basic questions. Smiling is super important! I wrote about the whole thing really detailed in my blog if you feel like looking...

i say it was no big deal but i am super nervous even to hear if i got a phone interview this year so maybe i'm slightly hypocritcal.... lol :)

3. Brittany.McGuire

Brittany.McGuire New Member

WOW you know that you have your face to face interview already?
    congrats!!

4. michelle.e.

michelle.e. New Member

i havent found out yet.. thats why im asking around! lol I want to see if they've sent out any emails regarding the F2F.. i really hope i get one! :)

5. j.fritschij

j.fritschij New Member

I had a F2F in march this year for January 2010. I was supernervous but it was fun! As Steffie told you already you will get a presentation which tells you more about the program. Then during the presentation you can get some trivia questions.. Such as: how many parks are situated in WDW?.

After the presentation you get the real interview which took with me approx. 5 min. And they were asking question like: What do you think about the program?, What role are you interested in? It was not that difficult as I had imagined.

Hopefully you get your F2F real soon!

Greetings,
    Jason ;D

6. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

I had a F2F a few years back in Toronto - it's a truly great opportunity to meet fellow applicants and really get to know them! Everybody is in the same boat and nervous, so definitely make a point of chatting with people!

At the interview, you'll receive an information package and then you'll fill out some forms - basically a summary of your resume from what I recall, as well as a list of the positions they're hiring for - which you then number in order of your preference. So if you really want to work in Attractions, mark that as numero uno. If you're also interested in something like being a lifeguard, then note that down as number 2! If there are roles that you aren't interested in at all, don't feel like you have to number them at all. Only point out the ones that you're truly interested in! After all, you don't want to sign yourself up for a role that you don't see yourself putting your heart into!

Afterward the Disney recruiters have an information session of sorts, taking you through a slide show and showing various videos related to the program. They're there to answer any questions you have at all, so ask away! As mentioned, at my interview they also had some random trivia questions here and there, the prizes being cute little Disney character toys haha! Lots of fun, and it's a great ice breaker!

Later they'll give everybody their interview times following the information session. If for whatever reason you have to be out of there by a certain time, just let the recruiters know and they'll do some shuffling. Then it's a matter of waiting (aahh!) until you're called in with another fellow applicant for your F2F interview. After handing over the paperwork you filled out earlier, as well as a picture of yourself, you'll be asked questions like how you feel about living with people from other countries, questions pertaining to previous work experience, why you want to work for Disney, etc. But they're also looking to see what your personality is like and if you have that Cast Member smile! :) They really want to get to know you, so feel free to be exactly who you are - that's what they're interested in! Make sure you present yourself nicely in terms of what you wear as well, they really like to see that you've made the effort to follow their "Disney Look". The interview itself isn't long really, so just make sure you really get across in that time your passion to work for the company - without rambling on too long (sometimes I have a problem with that... get me goin' about Disney, and good golly it's tough to stop! ::)).

Once the F2F interview is done, you're free to go - but it's always fun to meet up with applicants afterward to swap Disney stories and get to know what hopefully will be your future fellow Cast Members!

Easier said than done, but just try to stay relaxed and just enjoy the opportunity to be in a room with such amazing individuals. Let that smile shine through and hopefully good news will be sent your way some time after! Granted, you may have to wait a while (I had to wait 2 weeks... longest 2 weeks of my life!), but it's worth the wait. Was the best summer (and well, most magical summer!) of my life, hands down! :) Good luck to all!!! ;D