Experience

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by iain89uk, Aug 17, 2009.

1. iain89uk

iain89uk New Member

Hey! I've been wanting to apply to Disney for aaaaaaages, can't believe I only just found this website!

There's one thing worrying me about applying... experience. Or rather, my lack of it! Apart from going to uni and having a part time job for the last 3 years, I haven't got any real experience or outstanding achievements. I worry that this wont be enough and that I wont be considered. Also, when I'm trying to write a CV, I cant help but feel that there's hardly anything to put on it! Is anyone else feeling the same, and what sort of experience does everyone have?

Iain

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hey Ian
    I am out here now, loving it, want to re-apply for next year!
    I had pretty muck no experience before I applied - had a part time job in a bar for 3 months, volunteered with a charity shop last summer and worked part time photocopying basically for my parents for the past few years! Yet I was still considered!

Basically, your CV will sound as good as you sell it - I worked 6 hours a week in that bar, but I mentioned that I was trusted with cash, I closed the bar down, and I was the only one who worked there at that time - and didn't say that a busy time was considered about 10 people in there - most of whom were regulars!
    Best advice I can give - think about ANYTHING at all that may be relevant to Disney - especially outgoing things, voluntary things, walking a neighbours dog while they were away - and if you think your CV is rather bare - there's still a few weeks left of the summer, see if there's a local charity shop that will let you help out or something!

Try your best to sell yourself 'Disney orientated' - I made a list of what I thought they would look for in a candidate, and made sure my CV covered it! Also - don't have your GCSE's taking up more space than your A-levels or degree.....
    .... I paid WAY to much attention in that CV class!!!!!!

Anyhoo, good luck with applying, and maybe I'll see you at an interview - or hopefully back out here in sunny FL!!!! :)
    xxxxxx

3. iain89uk

iain89uk New Member

Thanks for the advice!

I just put down all the usual customer service stuff that I've experienced in my job. Hopefully that will be enough. It's the volunteering thing that I think makes me look really bad. I have never done a single thing! The program is aimed at Uni students so surely they're not looking for the most experienced people in the world!

Now I just have to wait and see what they say......