everest - please keep me up 2 date!!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by disney_spice, Jan 24, 2006.

1. disney_spice

disney_spice Member

hiya!

on holiday in WDW feb 5th to 21st... cud u let me know of ne updates on everest opening!!! REALLY wna ride it!!

:D

2. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Apparently there's a soft opening (Which means you can go on it but it just hasn't officially been opened to the public!) soon, and the official opening is scheduled for march/april...

...i went on it on sunday! :D it was great!!! :D

x x x

3. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I must be out of the loop, what type of ride is it and what park is it in?

4. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

New rollercoaster at Animal Kingdom....built to look like Everest...you're supposed to be on some train ride up it and then the Yeti tries to kill you!! (ok, not as serious as it sounds!) It's really fun!! and all the CMs got a car visor as a free gift......if only we had cars!!

Ellen x x

5. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Nice, sounds a bit like the Matterhorn at Disneyland then am I right?

6. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I haven't been on that, but if you want a comparison...it's like a much faster better version of Thunder Mountain Railroad

x x x

7. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Good enough for me :D defo sounds like the Matterhorn (which is Anaheim exclusive).

I bet what they did is they wanted to put it in DW so they took the idea got a new mountain and it's a whole new ride lol.

8. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

I so can't wait to ride this in March, yippee ;D

9. Hattuchili

Hattuchili New Member

^^ I think it is definitely different from Matterhorn! I have ridden Matterhorn a few times and the new Expedition Everest is a brand new ride with another theme! The train is really different from the Matterhorn ride! The EE train is with real smoke and much bigger! The ride goes forward and backwards, with a new system on the track! I have seen a lot of that projekt and last week the first video! Be sure it is really different and it must be much better!
    I am really looking forward to ride EE in a few weeks!

10. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Sounds great :D although from the sounds of my phone interview today it'll be September at the earliest I get the chance to experience it.

11. april25th

april25th New Member

I saw it being built whilst i was over there cant wait to get on it! :)