DUN DUN DUN! the waiting list thread

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by fleur_charms, Dec 2, 2009.

1. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Just wondered if anyone else was put on the waiting list?
    I'm in the UK and found out today I was put on it :)

2. Danielle

Danielle New Member

3. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

more waiting! i can't do it anymore! lol

4. tito2502

tito2502 New Member

I did too, I can't really just not make any plans though…

I'm going to just make alternative plans, and maybe try again in two years.

5. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Are you in your first year at uni too?
    I don't really know what plans to make tbh :-\ what else are you going to go for?

6. Sofi

Sofi Guest

what does it mean by waiting list then? x

7. tito2502

tito2502 New Member

Yeah I am -- well I'm a comp sci student, so I was thinking about just going back to full time in the theme park I used to work at, and writing bucketloads of software to give away to voluntary projects, should look good on the CV.

But if you're bored this summer and find yourself in Tenby, swing by!

8. Sofi

Sofi Guest

what jobs did u put down on ur preferences/choices? x

9. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Nice, what theme park did you work in? And I have no idea where Tenby is! Lol. Are you waiting for Disney then or are you just going to tell them your not interested?

10. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Ok, I google Tenby...it looks reeeeally pretty :)

11. tito2502

tito2502 New Member

This is where I worked last summer
    http://www.folly-farm.co.uk

I dunno, I'll leave it and see, I highly doubt disney will be back in touch -- but if they do I'll go for it.

12. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

Omg i used to go to folly farm for trips with school when i was little. Love it there not far from i think its called Hetherton if im right yes??

13. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Awww, it looks nice.

They will be in touch wether its a yes or a no. I was emailing Hannah this afternoon about what being on the waiting list and what it entails and she said hopefully she'll be able to give us a definitive answer by new year.

Where do you go to uni? Do you have a facebook btw? :)

14. xXxGemxXx

xXxGemxXx New Member

Im on the waiting list toooo x

15. debbie593

debbie593 New Member

Hi im on the waiting list too. Only got my email at ten to 8. Got scared because i hadnt got one.
    I dont really know if this is a good or bad thing. Will have they put the ones they really wanted, through, then put us on the waiting list, or is it just random?
    Do you think we will have heard by next week when people will have accepted/declined?
    Id prefer to know either yes or no really.
    Debbie

16. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

I really don't know. I have emailed Hannah though, we had a bit of a convo over email cause I wanted some more information about the waiting list. She said they will hopefully give us a definitive answer by new year. Seems like ages away! Theres always 2011 though!

17. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

what roles did you put down?

18. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

I put a few. I can't remember which but I deffo put at least four or five. Plus when I emailed Hannah I told her I wanted to add a couple more...obvs I gave her reasons for why I wanted to add more, I didn't just add them for a better chance but after having thought about it I wanted to add others. I added housekeeping and I actually kinda wish I could get that now lol

19. debbie593

debbie593 New Member

I cant do it in 2011 cause im a final year student, so cant reapply next year :(
    Been waiting to apply for this since about may lol.
    Ah well. I may email hannah tomoro and ask her a few questions. Im sure shes had loads of emails through about it lol

20. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Yes, probably. I wasn't expecting her to email back as promptly as she did either. I'm looking on the bright side though, I've emailed a couple of places about some journalism internships, which, tbh is a bit more relevant and useful for my career if I don't get into Disney. What do you reckon our chances are on the hold list? Not being pessimistic but I can't see anyone dropping out, or them deciding they want more people ???